You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rubik's Cube

Rico1304

I'm a Rubik's noob, but my brother is a ninja with these things.  When we were younglings he would hand me the cube.  I would scramble it up and hand it back to him.  Within about 15 seconds he'd have it finished again.  He can also memorise a whole deck of 52 cards in one take.

Virgins need stuff to do.

I'm a Rubik's noob, but my brother is a ninja with these things.  When we were younglings he would hand me the cube.  I would scramble it up and hand it back to him.  Within about 15 seconds he'd have it finished again.  He can also memorise a whole deck of 52 cards in one take. 

TK421 & his brother, pictured yesterday.

film__4079-rain-man--detail.jpg

• Upvote 4

Had one of them blag version ones that turned awkward and tight. Tried it abar 3-4 times then got bored and dismantled it to bits and then shoved it back together and left in on me windowsill like a 'i'd conquered the cube' flag in the window.

Abar a year later some smart arse brought out this thing thing that folded out and looked like a snake and if I remember correctly had 3 sides to each bit and couldn't be dismantled. Sod that for a game of soldiers.  

I got a book when I was a kid that showed you how to complete it, and that enabled me to do just that. I can't remember much about it but I have an inkling that you're supposed to get the corners right first.

I used to be able to do it. 

You get one side done first and use that as the base and work everything from there, eventually getting the next row up, then forming a cross on the top and finally the top 4 corners go in. Could do it in less than 5 minutes, it's really quite easy when you've memorised the formulas.

• Downvote 1

I used to be able to do it.

You get one side done first and use that as the base and work everything from there, eventually getting the next row up, then forming a cross on the top and finally the top 4 corners go in. Could do it in less than 5 minutes, it's really quite easy when you've memorised the formulas.

Best I could ever do was 5 sides.