Quantcast
Rubik's Cube - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rico1304

Rubik's Cube

I'm a Rubik's noob, but my brother is a ninja with these things.  When we were younglings he would hand me the cube.  I would scramble it up and hand it back to him.  Within about 15 seconds he'd have it finished again.  He can also memorise a whole deck of 52 cards in one take. 

I'm a Rubik's noob, but my brother is a ninja with these things.  When we were younglings he would hand me the cube.  I would scramble it up and hand it back to him.  Within about 15 seconds he'd have it finished again.  He can also memorise a whole deck of 52 cards in one take.

Virgins need stuff to do.

TK421 & his brother, pictured yesterday.

film__4079-rain-man--detail.jpg

• Upvote 4

My daughter has just got a Rubik's cube, any of you ever complete it?

I got one for Christmas, some time in the 80s, and completed it before bedtime the same day.

I peeled off the stickers and rearranged them.

Edit - Ha ha, just seen VD's post.

My daughter has just got a Rubik's cube, any of you ever complete it?

Mine too for her birthday. I've managed to do one side...

I did it once a long long time ago, but through luck rather than skill

I got a book when I was a kid that showed you how to complete it, and that enabled me to do just that. I can't remember much about it but I have an inkling that you're supposed to get the corners right first.

Had one of them blag version ones that turned awkward and tight. Tried it abar 3-4 times then got bored and dismantled it to bits and then shoved it back together and left in on me windowsill like a 'i'd conquered the cube' flag in the window.

Abar a year later some smart arse brought out this thing thing that folded out and looked like a snake and if I remember correctly had 3 sides to each bit and couldn't be dismantled. Sod that for a game of soldiers.  

I also gave in and did the whole sticker thing but ended up being crap at putting them back on straight and they all curled at the corners so it was a bit of a giveaway

I got a book when I was a kid that showed you how to complete it, and that enabled me to do just that. I can't remember much about it but I have an inkling that you're supposed to get the corners right first.

I used to be able to do it. 

You get one side done first and use that as the base and work everything from there, eventually getting the next row up, then forming a cross on the top and finally the top 4 corners go in. Could do it in less than 5 minutes, it's really quite easy when you've memorised the formulas.

• Downvote 1

I used to be able to do it.

You get one side done first and use that as the base and work everything from there, eventually getting the next row up, then forming a cross on the top and finally the top 4 corners go in. Could do it in less than 5 minutes, it's really quite easy when you've memorised the formulas.

Best I could ever do was 5 sides.