You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Memories of the first game you attended

Moctezuma

A load of old cunts in here as well

Oi not so much of the old.....

January 1965 WBA v Liverpool 3rd round FA cup. My uncle was a massive Baggies fan and had taken his 9 year old nephew to see his team, hoping I'd be inspired. I was; by the magnificent men in red. Ron Yeats was imperious (albeit he gave away a strange penalty, picking up the ball in the penalty area after hearing a whistle, which came from the crowd. Justice done when they missed the penalty). Sir Roger and the Saint scored and we went on to win the Cup.

Wednesday 30th August 1995

Liverpool 1 - 0 QPR

(Ruddock 29)

The day of my 11th birthday, I'll never forget it. It was an awful game of football punctuated by a pretty scruffy goal by that pound passing jobber. I was in the Anfield Road End that day and I have barely missed home matches since and yet I have only been back in there 3 or 4 times.

I was hooked. I had asked for it as a birthday present, dad had never wanted to impose football on me and was made up when I wanted to go as he got to rekindle his younger days when he used to go home and away.

• Upvote 1

Home v WBA at the start of the 77/78 season, we won 3-0. Before the game we decided to go up the stairs which brought you out at the top of the kop terracing. Fantastic it was seeing Anfield for the first time.

First away game was at Birmingham the same season, Ray Kennedy scored with a header after 75 seconds to win us the game. After the game the bus that we were on to take us back to New St got ambushed by Birmingham fans. It seemed like the only window that didn't get smashed was the drivers windscreen. Fucking mad it was.

25th November 1961, my 8th birthday and that was the present I really wanted. My Dad, my Uncle, my brother and I went in the old, old Kemlyn Road. We beat Swansea 5-0. I can't remeber much about the game but do remember being impressed by the crowd as they roared on the reds. I was hooked. We couldn't afford going in the stands again so my brother and I started going in the Boys Pen for the rest of the season, which was 'educational'.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool v Villa at Anfield in September '86. 3-3. Went with my older brother and sat in the Kemlyn. Don't remember much about the game itself apart from awe and disbelief at seeing Kenny playing, some outrageous refereeing and the Villa fans singing 'Villa reject' to Steve McMahon - right up to the moment he rifled one into the top corner from the edge of the area.

Against Middlesbrough I think but the pre match build up was better than the game. I had just started seeing this girl from whiston and I'd had a quick fondle the week before but we went to hers before the game and she had her bedroom in the loft so we climbed the ladder and she whipped off her jumper to display an angelic set of norks so we missed the first half as you do as I was going for a score draw..

8th September 1979.  I was 13 years old.  My brother-in-law gave us a lift across from Runcorn.  As he spent ages driving around trying to find somewhere to park, travel-sickness got the better of me.  He had to make an emergency stop, so I could open the door and spew.  When I looked up, I realised we were right outside Goodison.  I enjoyed spewing there.

We left shortly before the end.  As we were leaving, I turned around for a final look and saw David Johnson score his second and Liverpool's fourth.

http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1102

25th November 1961, my 8th birthday and that was the present I really wanted. My Dad, my Uncle, my brother and I went in the old, old Kemlyn Road. We beat Swansea 5-0. I can't remeber much about the game but do remember being impressed by the crowd as they roared on the reds. I was hooked. We couldn't afford going in the stands again so my brother and I started going in the Boys Pen for the rest of the season, which was 'educational'.

Mine was in that Munich 1860 game Frank and that was in the boys pen. My cousin took me (I was about 8) and remember having tears in my eyes because the Kop were booing Liverpool when they touched the ball and cheering Munich. (obviously due to the score)

That boys pen was a scary place though unless you were with a gang yourself. Pay to get in then find yourself caged in with gangs of feral fuckers intent on having off anything of value you had on you. Halcyon days.

1979, Prenton Park, League Cup vs Tranmere, stood in the Kop end with my dad. A dull 0-0 draw however when the ball went behind and was thrown forward by a fan at the back at the terrace, it hit me on the head and then bounced onto the pitch. In my mind, I headed it straight to the arms of Ray Clemence

• Upvote 1

8th September 1973 v Chelsea in the old first division. We won 1-0 with a first half goal from Kevin Keegan and Keegan missed a second half penalty when it was saved by Peter Bonetti.

I remember the colour and brightness of the pitch and the player's kits and it was a lovely sunny day.

Thanks to the brilliant LFCHistory.net for refreshing my memory.

8th September 1973 v Chelsea in the old first division. We won 1-0 with a first half goal from Kevin Keegan and Keegan missed a second half penalty when it was saved by Peter Bonetti.

I remember the colour and brightness of the pitch and the player's kits and it was a lovely sunny day.

Thanks to the brilliant LFCHistory.net for refreshing my memory.

Have you read the old Times match reports on there? It's like they were written by Charles Dickens.

Liverpool v England in Alan Hansens testimonial, 1988.

my Dad took me, It was 2 days after the FA Cup final and we must have been in Anny Road as main thing I remember is a massive flag on the Kop with a poem on it, the last 2 lines were something like 

'Fagan's treble was no trouble

Now Kenny's took us to the double double'

with a line through the last double and 'oops' written on it.  Love to know if anyone can recall the rest of that.  

Other thing I can remember is being dead proud when a fella said he liked my t-shirt, which was the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles all wearing Liverpool tops.  33 I was.

• Upvote 1

1974 FA cup final against newcastle utd, first ever trip to London, first ever trip to Wembley, first ever football match ever.

I was 8 and my mum said to my dad I was too young to go, it was a bit different back then.

My Dad wouldn't take me so he went with my Uncle and cousins to watch it while I watched it with my other cousins at my Uncle and Auntie's house. Gutted I missed it like.

My first game was the Fowler eating the grass derby! 1 down after 45 seconds. Fuck me. We hadn't beaten the bitters in 5 years I think. Still, absolute bonkers game, and it was Gerrards first derby too. April 1999 it was. Lovely sunny day also. Won 3.2 thanks to Gerrard saving twelvety off the line, mostly from Jeffers and cadamarteri, the dreadlocked twat

Only down side is that I had to go with my severely cuntish ex as she had got it for me as a Christmas present, the cunting cunt! She's a part time fucking Manc to boot.

Anyway, great memories.