Quantcast
Man City (A) - 12:30pm, Sat 9th Sep 2017 - Citizen's caned. - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Trumo

Man City (A) - 12:30pm, Sat 9th Sep 2017 - Citizen's caned.

We are due a hiding not to mention a loss to a top side. I think though with the international break coupled with an early kick off this will be similar to last season and finish a scoring draw.

We are due a hiding not to mention a loss to a top side. I think though with the international break coupled with an early kick off this will be similar to last season and finish a scoring draw.

International footy is shite

I think we'll lose. They've got excellent fullbacks now and that Danilo is a superb player. They'll play them almost as defensive midfielders in possession to stop our press and that'll allow them to play out from the back. 

The Everton result taints things. Firstly they went down to 10 men and still came back in spite of that, and secondly Everton's defence is a bit less prone to brain farts than ourselves.

3-1 City

I think we'll lose. They've got excellent fullbacks now and that Danilo is a superb player. They'll play them almost as defensive midfielders in possession to stop our press and that'll allow them to play out from the back. 

The Everton result taints things. Firstly they went down to 10 men and still came back in spite of that, and secondly Everton's defence is a bit less prone to brain farts than ourselves.

3-1 City

Not really. They were 0-1 down before the sending off. City have a soft core. That's why they couldnt beat 80 points after £200 million spend last season. Its why they wont win the league this season.

Mane, salah and Firminho across the front and we'll score there. Worried about our own full backs. Wouldnt be surprised to see us turn out a top performance, similar to the one when Klopp first arrived.

3-1 City

Danilo is poo. Was a laughing stock at Real Madrid. Mendy is the really dangerous one.

Agree that they might just overpower us with their attacking quality. We need to bully them physically in the middle and counter them efficiently. We'll probably have around 40% possession, so we'll need to be direct and make good use of it. 

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope we get beat.

• Upvote 3

They will need to play 433 if Kompany is out. This means Jesus or Aguro on the bench. There is no way that the FBs will play inverted and leave their 2 CBs against our 3. The 1st goal will be key. They score and we could be chasing shadows as they keep ball and probe without committung. We score and we could terrorise Walker Stones Otamendi and Mendy on the break

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope we get beat.

What a strange thing to say.

• Upvote 6

Kompany is out injured. That means Stones will have to play alongside Otamendi, and maybe even Mangala will get a game, if they go with three at the back

*chortle*

• Upvote 1