You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - 12:30pm, Sat 9th Sep 2017 - Citizen's caned.

Trumo

Coming so soon after the international break, and an early kick off to boot, I'm not expecting a lot of intensity in this fixture from either side. No matter who we pick, we've got the tools to unlock them in much the same way we did to Arsenal, so that's what we've got to try and do.

They will be up the wall with how to approach the game. We don't really have that problem in these games. They've also been playing 3 at the back which is new for a lot of their players and the club generally. Guardiola will be half thinking "I've got better players here this season, I will just go at them and overpower them at their own game" with the nagging doubt that if they open up again they will get the life bummed out of them. I don't think he's got the personal to pull a Mourinho but I think there has to be a limit on the amount of times we tear apart the big attacking teams before they change tact.

Where our lack of squad depth bites us I reckon....tired players coming off two games in quick succession and loads of travel with us either having to use them and them being fucked or us playing the much less effective back up options and them being erm well not much cop.

It's a joke that international shite should have such an effect on teams anyway but it does and it isn't changing is it - one of the reasons we needed a bit more in the window.

Prove me wrong, redmen.

We looked very good against Arsenal. Then international football intervened. We have form for that interrupting our flow. I doubt we will be back to that level again for a couple of weeks.

Even at the best of times any result is possible in this. No one would be shocked with 3-1 for them, 3-1 for us, or 3-3, or indeed a 0-0 and a bit of a damp squib of a game, with both sides playing is cagey and not wanting to lose after the international break.

Since both attacks are so good I'm going for goals.

3-2 for us. Possibly. And Coutinho can come off the bench and hit the winner and we'll speak no more of his hiatus.

• Upvote 1

We looked very good against Arsenal. Then international football intervened. We have form for that interrupting our flow. I doubt we will be back to that level again for a couple of weeks.

Even at the best of times any result is possible in this. No one would be shocked with 3-1 for them, 3-1 for us, or 3-3, or indeed a 0-0 and a bit of a damp squib of a game, with both sides playing is cagey and not wanting to lose after the international break.

Since both attacks are so good I'm going for goals.

3-2 for us. Possibly. And Coutinho can come off the bench and hit the winner and we'll speak no more of his hiatus.

Agree with this 100%. Hope we win, can't see it. Id take a draw. 

I'd take a point but also believe that we are capable of a win there.

Klopp went with a diamond a few times last season in games like this. Wouldn't surprise me if we saw it again.

We only went to the diamond last season when we had no pace so it got our best players on the pitch. Also the best way to defend a diamond is 3 at the back so would doubt if we do that. Kopp will trust his system of 433 but after the internationals he may pull a surprise in personnel.