You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - 12:30pm, Sat 9th Sep 2017 - Citizen's caned.

Trumo

I think we'll lose. They've got excellent fullbacks now and that Danilo is a superb player. They'll play them almost as defensive midfielders in possession to stop our press and that'll allow them to play out from the back. 

The Everton result taints things. Firstly they went down to 10 men and still came back in spite of that, and secondly Everton's defence is a bit less prone to brain farts than ourselves.

3-1 City

I think we'll lose. They've got excellent fullbacks now and that Danilo is a superb player. They'll play them almost as defensive midfielders in possession to stop our press and that'll allow them to play out from the back. 

The Everton result taints things. Firstly they went down to 10 men and still came back in spite of that, and secondly Everton's defence is a bit less prone to brain farts than ourselves.

3-1 City

Not really. They were 0-1 down before the sending off. City have a soft core. That's why they couldnt beat 80 points after £200 million spend last season. Its why they wont win the league this season.

Mane, salah and Firminho across the front and we'll score there. Worried about our own full backs. Wouldnt be surprised to see us turn out a top performance, similar to the one when Klopp first arrived.

3-1 City

Danilo is poo. Was a laughing stock at Real Madrid. Mendy is the really dangerous one.

Agree that they might just overpower us with their attacking quality. We need to bully them physically in the middle and counter them efficiently. We'll probably have around 40% possession, so we'll need to be direct and make good use of it. 

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope we get beat.

• Upvote 3

They will need to play 433 if Kompany is out. This means Jesus or Aguro on the bench. There is no way that the FBs will play inverted and leave their 2 CBs against our 3. The 1st goal will be key. They score and we could be chasing shadows as they keep ball and probe without committung. We score and we could terrorise Walker Stones Otamendi and Mendy on the break

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope we get beat.

What a strange thing to say.

• Upvote 6