You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Narcos S3 spoilers are all in here

Anny Road

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Mook said:

I enjoyed Messiah.

Looking forward to Narcos though, I'll need a recap to start with though.

Messiah was just boring me mate, they labour every single point. The synopsis was 'Tense Mystery/Drama' (although they've changed that, because there was literally nothing tense about it. I only watched 4 episodes mind, so may watch the rest when there is a gap in my to watch list. 

I always watch the last episode of the previous series before digging into the new one. So Narcos Mexico going on....after yet another fucking Windows Update. 

I am the fire that burns your skin,
Soy el fuego que arde tu piel
I am the water that kills your thirst.
soy el agua que mata tu sed.
Of the castle, I am the tower,
El castillo, la torre yo soy
the sword that guards the treasure.
la espada que guarda el caudal.
You, the air that I breathe,
tu el aire que respiro yo
and the light of the moon on the sea.
y la luz de la luna en el mar.
The throat that longs to be choked
La garganta que ansio mojar
that I’m afraid I’ll drown in love.
que temo ahogar de amor.
And which desires you are going to give me.
y cuales deseos me vas a dar
just to look is treasure enough,
mi tesoro basta con mirarlo,
it will be yours, it will be yours.
tuyo será, y tuyo será.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I am the fire that burns your skin,
Soy el fuego que arde tu piel
I am the water that kills your thirst.
soy el agua que mata tu sed.
Of the castle, I am the tower,
El castillo, la torre yo soy
the sword that guards the treasure.
la espada que guarda el caudal.
You, the air that I breathe,
tu el aire que respiro yo
and the light of the moon on the sea.
y la luz de la luna en el mar.
The throat that longs to be choked
La garganta que ansio mojar
that I’m afraid I’ll drown in love.
que temo ahogar de amor.
And which desires you are going to give me.
y cuales deseos me vas a dar
just to look is treasure enough,
mi tesoro basta con mirarlo,
it will be yours, it will be yours.
tuyo será, y tuyo será.

Doesn't sound that great when I try to sing it in Spanish to be fair.

51 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Tony Montana has one.

That party scene was very much reminiscent of the nightclub scene in Scarface as well.

Edit: On reflection maybe not, loved the music though  (fairly certain they used it in GTA Vice City) and Al Pacinos dad dancing.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just finished series 2 of Narcos Mexico and it's even better than series 1. As usual they stay as close as possible to real events with a few bits thrown in for the sake of entertainment. Very good acting, music score and narration, shit loads of violence/action, sexy women galore and the added bonus of not giving a fuck who dies or is captured as they're all a bunch of cunts in general. 

Pissed that we'll have to wait a year before series 3 hits the screens. 

10/10, top TV. 

On a side note. I have to laugh at them having all that money, yet in the mid-late 89's they all have small TV's with fuzzy as fuck pictures. 

12 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just finished series 2 of Narcos Mexico and it's even better than series 1. As usual they stay as close as possible to real events with a few bits thrown in for the sake of entertainment. Very good acting, music score and narration, shit loads of violence/action, sexy women galore and the added bonus of not giving a fuck who dies or is captured as they're all a bunch of cunts in general. 

Pissed that we'll have to wait a year before series 3 hits the screens. 

10/10, top TV. 

On a side note. I have to laugh at them having all that money, yet in the mid-late 89's they all have small TV's with fuzzy as fuck pictures. 

I gave it a 7.5/10 on the ratings thread. After the Colombian series the Mexico ones are a much weaker effort for me. Still good but nothing special and too many weak parts of the script made up with gunfights,which I am sure are solely for a US audience as I find them scenes boring as fuck. If this was a standalone series then it wouldn't be so bad but the Escobar and Cali cartel stuff was far better.

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Elite said:

They are obviously heading towards the El Chapo story and that'll most likely be the end of it all. 

Wouldn't work outside of South America.

Read some rumours they were going to follow Mexico with a US one, probably California. Could be good for the women alone. 

They should do one on Purdue Pharma and the Sackler Family:

Narcos: Oxycontin

Family produces and sells dangerously addictive drugs, indirectly kills tens of thousands, pays billions in fines/settlements, still walks free, with billions in the bank.

This last one was good, but none of them have stood up to the first one, in large part because Escobar was such a great character, and so well acted.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

They should do one on Purdue Pharma and the Sackler Family:

Narcos: Oxycontin

Family produces and sells dangerously addictive drugs, indirectly kills tens of thousands, pays billions in fines/settlements, still walks free, with billions in the bank.

This last one was good, but none of them have stood up to the first one, in large part because Escobar was such a great character, and so well acted.

Great idea.