You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 0 (Aug 27 2017)

tlw content

arsenalreport1.jpg

There’s no living with this team when they play like that. I don’t care who you put them up against, they’re virtually impossible to stop. Hoffenheim are a decent side but they were blown away inside half an hour, and although it took a little longer to put Arsenal to bed the performance was even better this time out. Complete and utter dominance.

While we had that energy sapping Champions League qualifier, Arsenal had the week off and should have been fresh for this. Yet it was our lads who were first to every ball and played as though their lives depended on it. Arsenal just strolled about and looked shell shocked.

The difference in the desire of the two teams was never more evident than with the third goal, when Emre Can sprinted 70 yards to catch up with Salah and Mane even though there were no defenders back to stop Salah scoring. 

It would have been easy for Emre to just stand back and think “ah they’ve got this, I'll just stroll up and join in the celebrations”. Had he done so nobody would have even noticed (except Klopp!). Yet there was Big Sexy, busting a gut to get up there just because that’s what his manager wants the players to do, and it’s what they enjoy doing. This team is a reflection of it’s manager. Hyped up, super energetic and positive. Arsenal are a reflection of Wenger. Tired, jaded, not really sure what they are doing anymore. 

If you were a player wanted by both teams, why on earth would you choose Arsenal at the moment? This game rubber stamped it, we’re a much, much more attractive destination for players right now and that’s significant because a few years ago it wasn’t even a contest. 

This result and performance does nothing to change my perception of our team or its chances of success this season though. Honestly, I expected us to murder Arsenal so I’m not at all surprised by what we saw. I was impressed by it, but not surprised. Equally, I expect us to take City to the cleaners when we play them after the international break because they’re tailor made for us too. They’ve got more spirit than Arsenal and won’t roll over, but I expect us to beat them too. 

As I say, I had fancied us to batter Arsenal anyway but when I saw their starting line up I couldn’t believe it. It was SHITE. Look at the players Wenger left on the bench. Just what was he thinking? He can't even use Europe as an excuse as they had a week off. That means he chose that line up for tactical reasons. Fucking hell! Danny Welcrap preferred to Giroud and Lacazette, and a back three with Oxlade-Chamberlain as one of the wing backs? It’s almost as though they’d never seen us play before. Why would you set up like that against our front three? Suicidal that was.

Those three defenders were so overmatched I almost felt sorry for them, particularly as their middle two were outnumbered, outworked and thoroughly outplayed by our central trio. It was a total mismatch all over the park. Firmino was dragging Koscielny all over the place and that left Mané and Salah to run at Holding and Monreal. It was fucking carnage and if Salah was as accomplished a finisher as Mané is then this would have been a rout. 

Not that I’m having a pop at Mo, he was great and has somehow managed to make a brilliant attack even more lethal. He’s wasteful at times but it almost doesn’t matter because he seems to just get loads of chances. When he misses one it’s only a matter time before the next one comes along. And if it doesn’t fall to him, it will be someone else on the end of it because this team is now fearsome going forward. 

100 goals is entirely possible this season if we can stay relatively injury free. That’s a huge IF though, hence me continually going on about the need to sign another wide attacker and sacrifice Origi. Today’s reports that we’re chasing Lemah from Monaco, and might use Big Div as a sweetener, warm the cockles of my little heart. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.

• Upvote 2

arsenalreport1.jpg

There’s no living with this team when they play like that. I don’t care who you put them up against, they’re virtually impossible to stop. Hoffenheim are a decent side but they were blown away inside half an hour, and although it took a little longer to put Arsenal to bed the performance was even better this time out. Complete and utter dominance.

While we had that energy sapping Champions League qualifier, Arsenal had the week off and should have been fresh for this. Yet it was our lads who were first to every ball and played as though their lives depended on it. Arsenal just strolled about and looked shell shocked.

The difference in the desire of the two teams was never more evident than with the third goal, when Emre Can sprinted 70 yards to catch up with Salah and Mane even though there were no defenders back to stop Salah scoring.

It would have been easy for Emre to just stand back and think “ah they’ve got this, I'll just stroll up and join in the celebrations”. Had he done so nobody would have even noticed (except Klopp!). Yet there was Big Sexy, busting a gut to get up there just because that’s what his manager wants the players to do, and it’s what they enjoy doing. This team is a reflection of it’s manager. Hyped up, super energetic and positive. Arsenal are a reflection of Wenger. Tired, jaded, not really sure what they are doing anymore.

If you were a player wanted by both teams, why on earth would you choose Arsenal at the moment? This game rubber stamped it, we’re a much, much more attractive destination for players right now and that’s significant because a few years ago it wasn’t even a contest.

This result and performance does nothing to change my perception of our team or its chances of success this season though. Honestly, I expected us to murder Arsenal so I’m not at all surprised by what we saw. I was impressed by it, but not surprised. Equally, I expect us to take City to the cleaners when we play them after the international break because they’re tailor made for us too. They’ve got more spirit than Arsenal and won’t roll over, but I expect us to beat them too.

As I say, I had fancied us to batter Arsenal anyway but when I saw their starting line up I couldn’t believe it. It was SHITE. Look at the players Wenger left on the bench. Just what was he thinking? He can't even use Europe as an excuse as they had a week off. That means he chose that line up for tactical reasons. Fucking hell! Danny Welcrap preferred to Giroud and Lacazette, and a back three with Oxlade-Chamberlain as one of the wing backs? It’s almost as though they’d never seen us play before. Why would you set up like that against our front three? Suicidal that was.

Those three defenders were so overmatched I almost felt sorry for them, particularly as their middle two were outnumbered, outworked and thoroughly outplayed by our central trio. It was a total mismatch all over the park. Firmino was dragging Koscielny all over the place and that left Mané and Salah to run at Holding and Monreal. It was fucking carnage and if Salah was as accomplished a finisher as Mané is then this would have been a rout.

Not that I’m having a pop at Mo, he was great and has somehow managed to make a brilliant attack even more lethal. He’s wasteful at times but it almost doesn’t matter because he seems to just get loads of chances. When he misses one it’s only a matter time before the next one comes along. And if it doesn’t fall to him, it will be someone else on the end of it because this team is now fearsome going forward.

100 goals is entirely possible this season if we can stay relatively injury free. That’s a huge IF though, hence me continually going on about the need to sign another wide attacker and sacrifice Origi. Today’s reports that we’re chasing Lemah from Monaco, and might use Big Div as a sweetener, warm the cockles of my little heart.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.

Mac4 sent Durango some private messages.

I think you should unseal them and post.

arsenalreport1.jpg

The fact he’s done this while essentially spending no money is remarkable, but also adds to the frustration. I don’t think it’s the defence that will stop us winning the title, it’s the lack of depth that will prove our undoing when we approach the winter months and the fixtures begin to pile up. Add Van Dyke (which would bump Lovren down to back up) and another wide player to what we have, and I’d genuinely back us to win the title.

Klopp has the team playing the best football in the country and he's shown he knows what he's doing when buying players. Look at the impact Salah and Mané are having. It's only natural to wonder just how good we'd be if he was actually spending money and recruiting players that can improve what is already a good team.

That’s Klopp all right. He’s true to his word. He’s not buying anyone who doesn’t improve our team. It might look frustrating at times we’re not getting new players, but Klopp seems to rather stick with the ones he’s got if he can’t get his top targets. So when he does get his man, it’s predictably a success.

I’m OK with that. I’ve been patient for 27 years. Getting Keita in next year rather than some 3rd choice option this year is OK for me. If it takes us at bit longer to make our team a PL-winner I don’t mind as long as we’re on the way building a title winning team.