You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) - 4pm, Sun 27/08/17 - There will be blud, innit fam?

Trumo

I thought he was poor against Hoffenheim.  There was one very unorthodox gather early on in the match and a save where he nearly spilled the ball to an attacker.  Both seemed unnecessary, like a concentration issue. Whether that's enough to get him dropped or there's something else going on, who knows.  

yes, but he has been making the odd decent save in between. 

Maybe he's got a bad back.

Assuming Mig has not done something out of order it seems a bit harsh dropping him for today to me.

Also very risky potentially unsettling an already shaky defence - especially against the best side we have faced so far.

Strange timing as well with the poxy international break - even if Karius comes in and does well he isn't gonna have chance to build on it again in a few days....and if he has a nightmare he will be left stewing on it.

According to Bascombe, Mig is being rested. There I was thinking that there is an international break next week and Mig will warm the bench for his country.

He's been dropped, not rested. Bascombe is out on his own with that. Echo and Dom King all say dropped.

what the fuck is klopp doing

Can only hope he has finally decided we need a new keeper and has something ready to happen and this is how he starts it - Drops Mig in high profile game and forces Mig out new feller in at number 1, Karius as he is younger and open to more potential improvement as number 2

Ridiculous tinkering by Klopp dropping his starting keeper especially against a very dangerous team like Arsenal, His pointless substitution of TAA in the first game cost us 2 points, this time it could well cost us all three,  He really does need to reign in a bit on the cavalier attitude to team selection. Build a solid defence and don't keep chopping and changing seems to have worked quite well down the years.  

• Upvote 2

Strange gamble to take in such a high pressure game with so much at stake.

Hope the gamble pays off.

I do too obviously but it was a gamble he doesn't need to make. There was zero pressure on him to drop Mig so why do it when to any observer of Liverpool the likely downside will outweigh the upside, Quite simply , average as he may well be at times, Mig is better keeper as of now. 

Assuming something hasn't gone on behind the scenes, what the actual utter fuck if going on here. You just don't drop your keeper before a game like this, and of all the things that concern me with this team, for a while not Mignolet hasn't been one of them. Baffling

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Can only hope he has finally decided we need a new keeper and has something ready to happen and this is how he starts it - Drops Mig in high profile game and forces Mig out new feller in at number 1, Karius as he is younger and open to more potential improvement as number 2

bit optimistic there