You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Outstandingly good". Are you sure? - by John Brennan

tlw content

As long as you think the Internet is about 'wining' you'll always be the biggest loser on here.

Aw bless, you seem upset. Again. No change then. Just so you know, I dont give a fuck whether you think Im a winner or loser but if you want to take a net forum so seriously, knock yourself out.

Aw bless, you seem upset. Again. No change then. Just so you know, I dont give a fuck whether you think Im a winner or loser but if you want to take a net forum so seriously, knock yourself out.

I couldn't give a fuck.

It wasn't me that tried claiming they'd 'won' on the Internet they so care little about.

I post my views, I couldn't give a flying fuck if others agree or not.

• Upvote 1

I couldn't give a fuck.

It wasn't me that tried claiming they'd 'won' on the Internet they so care little about.

I post my views, I couldn't give a flying fuck if others agree or not.

Hahaha. Love it how you're getting seriously carried away by a comment on an internet forum. Clearly you do give a fuck.

• Upvote 1

He likely cant win. Fixes the defence and very probably that will come at the expense of not being so attacking. People will think we should be playing with a real madrid like swagger while not conceeding.

As carragher says, you could put franco baresi in our defence but if he's exposed, we're still shipping goals. It needs a different mindset through the team which would result in a more cautious approach.

Id happily see our fullbacks defending instead of being expected to push on all the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Full judgement will come at the end of the season.

Everyone can give their opinion on where we are at any given time. I don't think this guy has got what it takes, that's all.

That's the way it should be.

Can't say I agree with everything you wrote, but, I've written the square root of fuck all! So first off, thanks for that. 

I agree over the full backs, surprised by both Robertson and Gomez, and I thought Matip played well - basically he seems to be less nervous alongside Klavan - although that is probably my confirmation bias in action there. 

I do think VVD and a centre mid will make a world of difference - because TAA, Robertson and Solanke look like they'll contribute this season as well. 

That was actually positive for me!

Anyhow, if you can answer "Yes" to the three questions at the end, you've got more faith than me.

We'll see how much success the season brings.

Do you trust this lot to keep many more clean sheets?

We have kept 6 clean sheets in our past 8 league games, so yes, I do.

Do you think we can keep enough players fit?

Fit enough for what exactly? On Saturday we had 3 1st choice players injured and rested 5 and still won relatively easily against a bogey team.

Do you think our front men can keep producing, every three or four days? Well Coutinho can play in a front 3, Solanke looks a find and Salah didnt start on Saturday so I think we will score a lot of goals.

• Upvote 4

He likely cant win. Fixes the defence and very probably that will come at the expense of not being so attacking. People will think we should be playing with a real madrid like swagger while not conceeding.

As carragher says, you could put franco baresi in our defence but if he's exposed, we're still shipping goals. It needs a different mindset through the team which would result in a more cautious approach.

Id happily see our fullbacks defending instead of being expected to push on all the time.

I disagree with Carra and that we need a different mindset.

We concede an awfully lot of shit goals from set pieces - thems are the facts. A better goalkeeper and a centre half who can organise a defence would help immensely, as would better coaching.

On the occasions we are opened up through midfield, which happens to every team, a couple of better midfield players would help with this. Someone like Keita to replace Wijnaldum as the box to box player, who can create as well as winning the ball. Then someone to replace Henderson who has more of a brain.

We would still maybe not concede the least goals, but we'd concede a fair few less and probably score more too.

That is what is so fricking annoying about this transfer window eh? Klopp has clearly identified two of the issues he needed to solve and earmarked two ideal players but we haven't got them over the line.

Obviously I think he could still do better with coaching set pieces, and also the team could be a little smarter at playing on the counter attack at times, as Mane & Salah are capable of being devastating on the break even if we are playing more defensively.

We can debate clean sheets and goals scored and everything under the sun but fact is our season almost collapsed last year around the winter period as injuries and what seemed like a bit of burnout took hold.

We rallied back and scraped 4th by a point or two was it?

With the added pressure of CL this year another period like last year with injuries and we'll do extremely well to finish 4th. There is nothing pessimistic about that. Its a realisitic viewpoint based on experience of seeing teams struggle with increased workloads and smaller injury prone squads.

All that being said we could get incredibly lucky injury wise and we might have a more tailored training regime this year that sees less fatigue during the winter period. But I'm not counting on us being lucky injury wise.

2/3 new faces before the window ends though changes the dynamic completely. Again not counting on it.