Quantcast
Hoffenheim (H) - UCL Play-off second leg, 7:45pm, Wed 23/08/17 - Finish them (H)off. - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Trumo

Hoffenheim (H) - UCL Play-off second leg, 7:45pm, Wed 23/08/17 - Finish them (H)off.

I'd play this:

Firmino

Milner Salah

Wijnaldum Can

Henderson

Moreno Lovren Matip Arnold

Mignolet

With Mané on the bench for dem counters later in the match.

What the dick? Not even Funneeeeee would bench Mane

• Upvote 1

-------------------Mig

TAA---Matip--Lovren--Robertson

----------------Henderson

---------Can---------Milner

Mane-----------Firmino------Salah

Still hate th midfield but little choice. Think it will be Milnr out for Wij though

Mané will start, but if it was me I'd rest him a little. Lotta games in a short period of time with another big one on the horizon. Plus, we don't need to win this one to go through.

I'd play this:

Firmino

Milner                                                 Salah

Wijnaldum             Can

Henderson

Moreno          Lovren                   Matip            Arnold

Mignolet

No Mane No Champions League Money.

Mané will start, but if it was me I'd rest him a little. Lotta games in a short period of time with another big one on the horizon. Plus, we don't need to win this one to go through.

That should go in the shitness of modern football thread. Rest him? Really? Our best player by a country mile for me, probably our best goalscorer too, in a game of this magnitude? I'm having rel difficulty getting my he'd around that.

He'll need a rest at some point but this isn't the game i'd choose. The reason being that the impetus is on them to attack, so we'll need his ever present threat of running in behind on one ball from deep.

48063b5bc1e2a3791e0fa5f86eebd2db.jpg

Hmmm.. I'm not sure I agree with this approach. Surely with the lead as well as the pacey forwards we have, the wiser move would be to sit back a bit and hit them on the counter?

Saw a stat today something along the lines of us only losing one game out of eighteen when Lovren & Matip started together and had about 8 clean sheets

That's a bit of an eye opener!

Imagine if we rested Mane for this and got knuckled out. jesus. 

Play our best 11 (whatever the fuck that looks like) and rip the cunts apart. This isn't a rehearsal. 

• Upvote 1

That's a bit of an eye opener!

Must have been the 17 games when Lovren has actually played with his eyes open. 

Imagine if we rested Mane for this and got knuckled out. jesus.

Play our best 11 (whatever the fuck that looks like) and rip the cunts apart. This isn't a rehearsal.

Plenty of people would be happy to see us rest players in the group stages.

So apart from the money (and what difference does that make to us fans) i assume the same people would be happy to see us rest players tomorrow and not have to bother with the group stages.

I'd play this:

Firmino

Milner Salah

Wijnaldum Can

Henderson

Moreno Lovren Matip Arnold

Mignolet

FSG's main man displaying his footballing knowledge.

• Upvote 1

FSG's main man displaying his footballing knowledge.

Honestly, I don't think I'm even in the top 5 of posters on here who constantly defend FSG. Your obsession with me is more than a little bizarre at this point. 

Mignolet

TAA Matip Lovren Moreno*

Henderson Grujic Wijnaldum

Mane Firmino Salah

That's the team I would play. I think Robertson is better than Moreno, but the latter has some pace that could be useful here, while I see Robertson coming to the fore in the league as he gets his feet under him. Good debut at the weekend and I think he will build on that.

The one surprise is Grujic. He's a big unit who gets stuck in and I think he has a goal in him. The other reason for picking him is because I don't like Henderson and Can playing together.

For me the front three picks itself. I can understand the shout to start with Mane on the bench - it's a long season, and bring him on as the game opens up a bit. It sort of makes sense, but I'd rather start him from the beginning as he's just so good, and it seems wrong to not start with your biggest threat.

• Upvote 1