You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hoffenheim (H) - UCL Play-off second leg, 7:45pm, Wed 23/08/17 - Finish them (H)off.

Trumo

-------------------Mig

TAA---Matip--Lovren--Robertson

----------------Henderson

---------Can---------Milner

Mane-----------Firmino------Salah

Still hate th midfield but little choice. Think it will be Milnr out for Wij though

I'd play this:

Firmino

Milner                                                 Salah

Wijnaldum             Can

Henderson

Moreno          Lovren                   Matip            Arnold

Mignolet

With Mané on the bench for dem counters later in the match.

No Mane No Champions League Money.

Mané will start, but if it was me I'd rest him a little. Lotta games in a short period of time with another big one on the horizon. Plus, we don't need to win this one to go through.

That should go in the shitness of modern football thread. Rest him? Really? Our best player by a country mile for me, probably our best goalscorer too, in a game of this magnitude? I'm having rel difficulty getting my he'd around that.

Imagine if we rested Mane for this and got knuckled out. jesus.

Play our best 11 (whatever the fuck that looks like) and rip the cunts apart. This isn't a rehearsal.

Plenty of people would be happy to see us rest players in the group stages.

So apart from the money (and what difference does that make to us fans) i assume the same people would be happy to see us rest players tomorrow and not have to bother with the group stages.

Mignolet

TAA Matip Lovren Moreno*

Henderson Grujic Wijnaldum

Mane Firmino Salah

That's the team I would play. I think Robertson is better than Moreno, but the latter has some pace that could be useful here, while I see Robertson coming to the fore in the league as he gets his feet under him. Good debut at the weekend and I think he will build on that.

The one surprise is Grujic. He's a big unit who gets stuck in and I think he has a goal in him. The other reason for picking him is because I don't like Henderson and Can playing together.

For me the front three picks itself. I can understand the shout to start with Mane on the bench - it's a long season, and bring him on as the game opens up a bit. It sort of makes sense, but I'd rather start him from the beginning as he's just so good, and it seems wrong to not start with your biggest threat.

• Upvote 1