You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drugs

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, A Red said:

You're a trier, I'll give you that.

In this little spat no-one has criticised you for taking the view that you want to shop elsewhere other than Amazon or wanting to shop ethically. Good for you, well done, have a tick and go to the top of the class, its a great thing to do. No-one has accused you of criticising others for not doing what you do.

But, now this is the bit you need to read carefully, it was pointed out to you that doing this was hypocritical given the fact that you help fund the drugs trade. Its true, really it is. Now, read this bit carefully too, you are not on your own, everybody that says they try to shop ethically but buys drugs is the same as you. Now, continue to read carefully, Rico never denied taking drugs, you didnt find him out, its out there, but he has never claimed to be an ethical shopper, you have, he hasnt, you are the hypocrite in this instance. 

Now do you get it?

BC8BCA51-6C16-447D-8449-A49A92D6E9C9.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mgw100 said:

Technically hypocritical or not, people who buy drugs are still allowed to express opinions on other matters of morality. I think that's relatively uncontroversial. 

This is sound so long as I don't have to listen to the coked up knobheads. 

6 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

Technically hypocritical or not, people who buy drugs are still allowed to express opinions on other matters of morality. I think that's relatively uncontroversial. 

We are all fucking hypocrites one way or another. He has acted like a stroppy teenager for days when it was pointed out to him that he was. I 

3 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

65,000 people have died in the Mexican drug wars to date, often teenagers. I think if you partake in a bit of coke at the weekends (like I do) you are part of this industry and have to cede your place on the moral high ground. You can still comment but you can no longer moralise to others from a lofty height. That’s just life. 

Could be worse. You could eat bats. 

45 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

65,000 people have died in the Mexican drug wars to date, often teenagers. I think if you partake in a bit of coke at the weekends (like I do) you are part of this industry and have to cede your place on the moral high ground. You can still comment but you can no longer moralise to others from a lofty height. That’s just life. 

62500 of those are Ardja’s doing. Not to mention the 426000 Indian kids who have died in sweatshops making his trainers. 

7 hours ago, A Red said:

You're a trier, I'll give you that.

In this little spat no-one has criticised you for taking the view that you want to shop elsewhere other than Amazon or wanting to shop ethically. Good for you, well done, have a tick and go to the top of the class, its a great thing to do. No-one has accused you of criticising others for not doing what you do.

But, now this is the bit you need to read carefully, it was pointed out to you that doing this was hypocritical given the fact that you help fund the drugs trade. Its true, really it is. Now, read this bit carefully too, you are not on your own, everybody that says they try to shop ethically but buys drugs is the same as you. Now, continue to read carefully, Rico never denied taking drugs, you didnt find him out, its out there, but he has never claimed to be an ethical shopper, you have, he hasnt, you are the hypocrite in this instance. 

Now do you get it?

I’ve never criticised anyone for using Amazon. I’m an Amazon Prime member and have been for five years. I’ve never claimed to be an ethical shopper. That’s yet another lie that you’ve made up to attack me. I made one post (one from 20k odd) about wanting to find a book I was recommended by another poster at the local book store, locally supporting the local economy as opposed to giving the cash to Jeff Bezos. That was it. Please explain the hypocrisy there. 

Now let’s get to the stuff that you’ve cowardly ignored... 

The other example of this supposed hypocrisy that he brought up was the fact that I attack and make fun of centrists regularly. He does the equivalent, but way more frequently than I do, have done it for a lot longer than I have (albeit to a different set of politicians/political commentators). If you honestly that it’s hypocritical of me (a person who enjoys getting high) to do that, what does that make him (also another person who enjoys getting high)? Why isn’t he held to the same standards as he does me?

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Don’t know why you Rico likes this... this applies to him too which is my whole fucking point. I agree with this sentiment btw, but unlike him I have some self-awareness... I’ve never once given any other poster a sanctimonious rant about using drugs (or using Amazon). 

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

If there's anyone of adult age still genuinely claiming a seat on that high ground, good luck to them. For the rest of us mortals, it's contradictions, compromises and ambiguities.

• Upvote 2

Bloody hell, both ARdja and Rico love a bit of repetition in their arguments don't they? Do you think 'you know what, if I make this same point the 15th time, it'll really hit home'? 

Must be all the drug use

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Bloody hell, both ARdja and Rico love a bit of repetition in their arguments don't they? Do you think 'you know what, if I make this same point the 15th time, it'll really hit home'? 

Must be all the drug use

Hey man, I’m 10 years clean. It’s not been easy. Especially after Staines in the 90’s. 

34 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Must be all the drug use

I’m the only one who’s discussing in good faith. Notice how he and A Red have failed to address the point I raised regarding the double standards at play.