You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drugs

Bjornebye

Weed, Coke, Mushies, LSD and a few Gary's all in the 90's.

LSD and Mushies would do again in the right company and the right setting. But like others have said I'd like to give ayahuasca a go, preferably on one of those retreats in the Jungle with a shaman to help me through it.

I'm not sure that I'd recommend Amsterdam or indeed any other unfamiliar city as the first place for tripping. I used to always end up in the woods anyway. Fuck the city off and get amongst the trees and wildlife. Horses for courses though, my mate thinks nothing of doing some acid at home then going down his local tripping his bollocks off amongst drunken people which would be a nightmare for me.

As a rule I'd agree with this

In the early 90s went to a free festival in Meols of all places and scored a few tabs of the finest LSD

Came up just as we were going under the river on the train...remember some young scalls giving my mate bad shit about his Adidas Jesus sandals and then wondering down Menlove Ave on a Saturday afternoon - funny as fuck

Weed, Speed, Coke, Gary's, Crack, Heroin.

I'll start/

Weed- spiked about an 8th a day from 16-20 until my Mrs fell pregnant. Love the stuff and will smoke again The when my last kid moves out.

Speed- only had once. I hated every bit of it that night. It was a horrible buzz. Proper dirty. I ended up walking round the whole town about 3 times from 6am till about 9am and it was horrendous the next day.

Coke- chemical of choice. If it's good it's amazing. Need some good Green to accompany it too. Don't see the appeal of doing it out though. Much rather be at someone's house where there's not chance of being caught. Again. Day my last kid leaves

Gary's- where great back in the day. But knowing what I do now about dodgy batches etc I'm not sure I'd risk it with the kids although. I've always said all drugs are safe if you're safe with them. Not sure if touch again although would like to do MDMA.

Crack- smoked once in a pub in north London when around 17. Thought I was being hard when actually I wasn't. Not good, not clever.

Heroin- smoked 3 times over a two week period. Very low part of my life when I was abusing drugs at the time and not enjoying them for what they're for. Got lucky

Some of the best times of my life have involved drugs but some of my lowest points have too. They've caused me to lose family, houses, they've also found me some cracking mates, had some absolute belters of periods of my life.

I've lost my best friend to paranoid Schizophrenia due to drug induced psychosis too.

I'm on the fence with how I will manage my children through drugs as I've been there and done it. I'm not proud of anything that I've done it wouldn't change any of it for the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Ecstasy, MDMA, coke, speed, mcat, weed, ket. Most of them to be fair.

Don't do anything anymore. Weed makes me instantly anxious.

Ecstasy is phenomenal. No idea what it's like these days but one good pill would fuck you up years back.

Tried a few but for me E is the winner. Cost to benefit ratio, what a value proposition (in corporate terms) no contest. Bit of a miserable comedown but not too bad and not appropriate to do all the time, so win win.

Closest to spiritual enlightenment with top notch pills in a) the state (yes, old) and DC10 Ibiza

Read about that ayahuasca, fascinating but with the potential for being a bit scary.

Wouldn't do it myself, maybe in my younger days but I'll leave opening the doors of perception to braver folks these days.

The thing is with Ayahuasca, the older you are, the better it is probably. But probably has more potential to stat shattering the illusions you've built up over the years.
  • Upvote 1

The thing is with Ayahuasca, the older you are, the better it is probably. But probably has more potential to stat shattering the illusions you've built up over the years.

I reckon ayahuasca would have killed me off back in my youth. It seems like something that you need to have an open mindedness on spirituality to have. I was defo not into that when Si was younger.

Thats the frightening thing though, the older we are the more set in our ways we are. Having those set preconceptions challenged in such a primal way could be mentally devastating. I would say definitely something that needs the mental adventurousness of youth.

Besides, its not recommended for people who take or have taken anti depressants. Thats me out.

Thats the frightening thing though, the older we are the more set in our ways we are. Having those set preconceptions challenged in such a primal way could be mentally devastating. I would say definitely something that needs the mental adventurousness of youth.

Besides, its not recommended for people who take or have taken anti depressants. Thats me out.

I've heard and read it's meant to a benefit if you are someone who suffers with depression, even if you have taken or are taking anti-depressants.

This is a good short talk on it.

https://youtu.be/X_hShqKn5cg

• 2 months later...

Really fucked it here.  Almost four years sober and a combination of long hours, stress, moving home and other shit made me fall away from my support network of meetings and the old thoughts of a little joint to help me sleep came into the head.   With no sensible knowing voices in my ear other than my own stressed mixed up ways, I've fallen off track.

Thankfully I've managed to realise what's going on before anything wrong actually happens other than emotionally banging off walls for weeks/months.

Lesson here, don't fall away from your support network, those stupid thoughts would have been squished asap.  Onwards and upwards.

• Upvote 1

Really fucked it here. Almost four years sober and a combination of long hours, stress, moving home and other shit made me fall away from my support network of meetings and the old thoughts of a little joint to help me sleep came into the head. With no sensible knowing voices in my ear other than my own stressed mixed up ways, I've fallen off track.

Thankfully I've managed to realise what's going on before anything wrong actually happens other than emotionally banging off walls for weeks/months.

Lesson here, don't fall away from your support network, those stupid thoughts would have been squished asap. Onwards and upwards.

So you haven't drank you have just had a joint?

Indeedy. I'm not beating myself up over it. It happened, luckily no harn done and I move on.

Funny how easily the mind wanders off track when left to our own devices.

Yeah seriously mate keep it in perspective, you haven't undone the amazing effort and progress you've made, you're not a robot, onwards and upwards.

• Upvote 3

• 1 year later...