You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Van drives into crowds in Barcelona

Trumo

Could be accidental, but I doubt it.

Those roads either side of the pedestrian thoroughfare in the centre of Las Ramblas are very narrow and usually quite busy, so it's difficult to build up to a decent speed unless it's deliberately attempted.

If deliberate, you'd imagine it was Islamic funnymentalists. However, there's been a recent build up in semi-violent attacks by the anti-tourist Arran group, part of a larger group called the CUP. Doesn't sound like their way of operating though, to be fair.

Just confirmed that the driver is at large, having fled on foot.

Something going down with a shitload of armed police crawling against a wall captured on a phone, replaying on Sky.

Local news is reporting 20 injured and at least 3 people have died :( Local radio citing police sources is saying 13 :/

Flicking through news channels for more info and fucking Euronews is showing something about Hong Kong dancing. Al Jazeera in Qatar is showing more coverage than a fucking European channel.

Scary as I know that area really well from years back :(  I live in Costa Del Sol not far from Marbella now, wonder how long it takes for this to come down here assuming its ISIS/terrorist related. There's shitloads of tourists here at the moment.

Some cunt on twitter just retweeted footage of the victims that that uber cunt Tommy Robinson put up.

Lots of people down and what looked like a mother and toddler on the ground unresponsive and covered in blood.

Wish I could unsee that. Fucking heartbreaking.

Fair play to neg me. I was out of line but I have just watched a video of mangled women and children in a shopping street in a European city.

Nothing Nothing justifies that.

We are cunts but driving a van over toddlers is fucking well beyond the pale.

Change your mind if it was Church st?

• Upvote 1

Fair play to neg me. I was out of line but I have just watched a video of mangled women and children in a shopping street in a European city.

Nothing Nothing justifies that.

We are cunts but driving a van over toddlers is fucking well beyond the pale.

Fair enough, it's a visceral response.  

All been done before hasn't it? Droning toddlers is beyond the pale, etc.

Depressing as fuck.

• Upvote 1

Fucking cowards.

Sometimes I feel if these cunts want a war we should fucking give them one and wipe the entire region off the map. Pray to Mecca then when it is a mushroom cloud.

No need to go to such extremes, you only need to wipe religion out. Then turn Mecca into something useful, like a bingo hall.