You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

C Palace (H) - 3pm, Sat 19/08/17 - Fourth time's a charm.

Trumo

Not really a pun, but after losing this fixture in each of the past 3 seasons, we need to put that stat right. It's hard to know how Palace will approach this because they've got a lot of physical and athletic players but their coach de Boer favours a patient passing game. If we manage to take advantage of the fact they are still getting used to their coach's methods, we still need to at least try and ensure we don't let them profit from any set-pieces. It has been our general undoing, but in each of the last 3 fixtures against Palace at Anfield, we've been undone by at least one soft goal from a free kick or corner. Cut that shit outand that's half the battle.

• Upvote 1

They got trounced in the first league game and zaha is out injured. Need to batter them, Jurgen needs to tell the fullbacks not to bomb on at every opportunity and the two fucking centre backs need to start talking to each other and stay fucking calm.

Cant see sturridge starting this. Think Marko's a great prospect but he's still giving away more free kicks than Lucas. Needs to channel the aggression. Would like to see him get on though if only to get in the face of that palace shithead (if he's still there) who was in the papers recently calling Marko a disgrace.

We need to get three points on the board here. I expect them to score but I expect us to score more. Something like 4-2 win for us, such is the way we are set up at present.

I would play Gruijic for this one. He's progressing nicely, looks to have an eye for goal, is hungry, and is also a big unit who puts his foot in. That's one of the only things Palace have going for them, so Gruijic will be able to fight fire with fire.

I'm looking forward to the window closing so we know with certainty what players we have to build with.

I hope you're feeling happy now

I see you feel no pain at all, it seems

I wonder what you're doin' now

I wonder if you think of me at all

Do you still play the same moves now?

Or are those special moods for someone else?

I hope we get beat

Just because Sturridge feels good, doesn't make it right (to start him in this game) He's probably been on the Skunk anyway. Hedonistic fella that he is.

• Upvote 1

I feel sorry for Palace, coming to our place with aspirations of glory.

Little do they know that agitated Germanic genius Klopp has carefully developed a team over the last 20 months, using only 9 signings, which include now retired Alex Manninger, and alcoholic Steven Caulker, in addition Chelsea youth startlet Dominic Solanke, a centre back from Estonia, a Back-up young German goalkeeper who was dropped for Belgiums reserve keeper, a free signing from Schiller, and a Dutch winger/midfielder who hasnt scored an away goal in 2 years and has a neurological disorder which forces him to smile in his sleep.

Liverpool still have an abundance of riches. Indeed, they have the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best centre backs in world football, as Klopp said he could only identify Virgil Van Dijk as being a CB even remotely capable of improving on what he already has. Praise indeed, there seems little point in Palace turning up, and I definitely won't be having tenner on Palace to win and Benteke to score, there's no point, would be wasted money.

Salah and Mane provide a terrific set of side options. For example, Salah could play on the right or the left. Mane can play left or right. Should either of them have the audacity to get injured, or tired, or lose form, the replacements will be world class. Divock 'The Torpedo'' Origi is surely destined for a breakout season in the division, as is Danny 'The Fist' Ings.

Ben Woodburn is also considered favourite to win the divisions young player of the year award, and has been lavishly praised in pre-season, his omission from the team sheet (especially in light of the absence of Coutinho and Lallana) was obviously a cunning plan or an admin error.

In midfield, the triumvirate of Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum continue to earn plaudits and international accolades. Again, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best midfielders on the planet, only capable of being usurped by Naby Keita.

Fuck you Palace, we're not scared of you and your direct football. We love that shit, it's simple to deal with.

My tip

Liverpool 6 - 0 Crystal Pissface

Bet big on a clean sheet. Palace only have journeyman heffer Benteke and failed England youth international Zaha as genuine attacking options, and both will be dealt with quite easily by the Lovren and Matip, with Belgian powerhouse Mignolet stood with his top off, pecs rippling, just laughing at the London shitstains.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1