You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

C Palace (H) - 3pm, Sat 19/08/17 - Fourth time's a charm.

Trumo

Gomez is not a RB that's very clear. Actually thought Klavan was decent, he's am okay player and pretty good on the ball, most defenders are going to be exposed in our mad system. The idea of Lovren coming back in Wednesday does not enthuse me.

One decent game against a poor to average Palace, without their best attacking player, does not mean Klavan is anywhere near good enough.

Agree about the mad system though, makes an average CB look horrible.

Klavan gets slaughtered on here, and I don't really know why.  Yes he got rolled once, but looking over the course of his games here, I think he's done ok.  Our new left back had a very good debut, but we've seen plenty of good debut performances before from players who have then seemingly regressed, so cautious optimism there from me.  I've been saying it for ages, we need a better midfield.  Individually and collectively, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Can are not top club quality.  Sort the midfield out, sort the deadball marking out, and we reduce our goals against by at least 20.  

• Upvote 2

Klavan gets slaughtered on here, and I don't really know why.  Yes he got rolled once, but looking over the course of his games here, I think he's done ok.  Our new left back had a very good debut, but we've seen plenty of good debut performances before from players who have then seemingly regressed, so cautious optimism there from me.  I've been saying it for ages, we need a better midfield.  Individually and collectively, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Can are not top club quality.  Sort the midfield out, sort the deadball marking out, and we reduce our goals against by at least 20.  

Completely agree about Klavan, for a 3rd/4th choice centre half he is a decent player.

Probably because he's Estonian and didnt cost £30 million quid he gets scapegoated for any poor performances. He's here to give the 1st choice CB pairing a breather and will be used in games were it suits his game.

The problem last season was Matip and Lovren didnt stay on the field often enough so he played a lot of matches.

Im far more worried watching Moreno and Lovren play than Ragnar.

• Upvote 1

Completely agree about Klavan, for a 3rd/4th choice centre half he is a decent player.

Probably because he's Estonian and didnt cost £30 million quid he gets scapegoated for any poor performances. He's here to give the 1st choice CB pairing a breather and will be used in games were it suits his game.

The problem last season was Matip and Lovren didnt stay on the field often enough so he played a lot of matches.

If he was good enough, it wouldn't matter if he played 38 league games.

Completely disagree about Klavan, as I think we need 3-4 top class CBs, and he's nowhere near top class. If we hadn't picked him up he'd be playing in the Second Bundesliga.

Klavan gets slaughtered on here, and I don't really know why. Yes he got rolled once, but looking over the course of his games here, I think he's done ok. Our new left back had a very good debut, but we've seen plenty of good debut performances before from players who have then seemingly regressed, so cautious optimism there from me. I've been saying it for ages, we need a better midfield. Individually and collectively, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Can are not top club quality. Sort the midfield out, sort the deadball marking out, and we reduce our goals against by at least 20.

Totally agree re Klavan. He is not great but I feel more confident with him in the line up than Lovren. At least when Klavan makes a mistake he doesnt go to pieces for the rest of the game and he's pretty decent in the air too.

You arent going to sign 3 or 4 top class CB's when you play a back 4 containing 2 CBs and expect the other 2 to sit out games. It's just wishful thinking.

Unless you're Spurs or United? Which where both far better off than us at CB when the window started, and still have spent big on that very position in the summer.

Unless you're Spurs or United? Which where both far better off than us at CB when the window started, and still have spent big on that very position in the summer.

Depends if you think each of them have 4 top class CB's I guess. I'll take your word because Im not up to speed with their squads. But I would say the fact that's just 2 out of all the PL clubs shows it's not common to have4 top class CB's