You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

Use today as a learning curve. He wasn't overawed nor was he terrible, but he got caught out in two situations that are all about fine margins.

Agree that he needs to learn from this, and I think he will.

Think he’ll go on to be a very good player for us, either at right back or somewhere across the midfield.

And I dont think he was overawed today either. But terrible, I’m afraid he was just that today. Along with a few others in the defining situations.

• Upvote 1

He looked off from his very first touch of the ball, he played a ball back towards Lovren or Karius and it went nowhere near them. Could make or break him, if he takes on board occasions like today then he’ll be a far better player for it long term.

Yep and to be honest Gomez would probably have got done for both as they targetted our right side early doors.

Agree. It's worrying how much Gomez gets caught out, he's got all the physical attributes but can see him being a bit of a liability at centre back.

Gomez doesn’t get caught out like that today. He’s been beaten a couple of times at the back post etc but he is well more sound defensively and well more consistent. Trent is better going forward and will probably be a better player in the long run. We will see the benefit of him playing in these games in a year or two down the line but now he shouldn’t be playing in the critical games now this season for me.

Gomez doesn’t get caught out like that today. He’s been beaten a couple of times at the back post etc but he is well more sound defensively and well more consistent. Trent is better going forward and will probably be a better player in the long run. We will see the benefit of him playing in these games in a year or two down the line but now he shouldn’t be playing in the critical games now this season for me.

Since when, He's been caught out from switching off many times this season

That 1st goal is as much on lovren and vvd as on trent imo. You can lose that 1st header, although poor effort by lovren, but it's kindergarten stuff that you then stay compact in behind. Vvd (and Robertson) are too far away from Trent, and there's therefore a massive gap behind lovren which Rashford exploits. If vvd does his job and gets closer to trent, rashford can't cut back on his right = no goal.

Not many options for Klopp-he gave TAA the nod. He backed him. The lad would have learned more from today, than most games. Sure, he was chucked in the deep end, but to get experience in these tight full on matches, that’s the only way.

‘Easing’ players in, is impossible.

Would Clyne have been better positioned in that moment? We could argue that until Manc scum play good football. A fucking long time.

Believe he has apologised in an instagram post using the words We and Our.

I like the lad but take responsibility for your own performance. Ie I was'nt good enough... I made mistakes.... I will learn from this.

He wasn't the only one.

No need to be singling him out at all. He 19 ffs and will have bad games

He shouldn’t have turned away from the shot for the second goal. Robertson would have put his face in front of that if it happened on the other side.

He’s got lots of potential, but he also makes lots of mistakes. 50/50 for me on whether he’ll be playing for us or Bolton in five years time.

Would be nice if Clyne came back from his sabbatical at some point soon.

• Upvote 1

Learning his trade at right back, but won't play there long term I think. If he'll be good enough to play in midfield for us is another matter. He's obviously a huge talent with a very good passing range. He is young he'll make mistakes. They all do, just the wrong game to make them yesterday, but it happens. Remember Gerrard when he came through, he made alot of mistakes. I know TAA is not in the same category, but if we can get a versatile homegrown player in and around the squad. I'll be more than pleased.