Bjornebye

Trent Alexander-Arnold

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

If Henderson is struggling, then he needs to do a van dijk and concentrate on himself and the club. 

I'm not being xenophobic, but England aren't winning the euros, so why should a 30+ player, with suspect fitness issues risk his upcoming season for the club he captains. He needs to see a bit of sense. 

Trent is similar, go on holidays have a rest and come back for preseason fresh as a daisy. 

Totallly agree. If Hendo went on and played before it was safe and was injured again because of that, he should no longer be the captain of Liverpool FC.

8 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Totallly agree. If Hendo went on and played before it was safe and was injured again because of that, he should no longer be the captain of Liverpool FC.

I think that's harsh but it's definitely a valid point. If he was fit, then playing for England is perfectly acceptable but he's missing more and more games for us through injury and his priority needs to be Liverpool FC and being fit for next season.

It's unfair on the lads who actually care about playing for England. For a lot of lads particularly a lad from Sunderland, the chance to represent England at a major tournament is a massive deal. Carragher wasn't too arsed about England but Gerrard was. Owen seemed to care more about England as did Redknapp who pretty much always came back from international duty with a bad injury. For some players it doesn't mean as much as the club (Carra, Fowler) for others it does. 

I can't really tell yet with Trent but if he's genuinely gutted then I am for him as well even though I personally would prefer him and Henderson to fuck them off. 

• Upvote 1

I must be in the minority who enjoy watching out players in international tournaments.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I must be in the minority who enjoy watching out players in international tournaments.

Watching Robertson and Gini captaining their countries against each other last night was pretty cool... 

• Upvote 1

You just know Hendo is going to be back in Liverpool on crutches by the end of the month. 

This recurring nightmare with the fact England haven't won a thing for 55 years has made me absolutely sick of International football. 

4 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Watching Robertson and Gini captaining their countries against each other last night was pretty cool... 

and hearing that Gini said to Robbo 'I want to hug you' was cool too

• Upvote 1

Grade 2 quad tear. Out for 4-6 weeks.

Obviously out the Euro’s. 

Gutted for him. 

Chuffed for us. 

Apparently he's out for 6 weeks. Best possible outcome for us. And those pricks wouldn't have picked him anyway once they have a full squad, so he'll be gutted now, but he'd have been fuming come July.  And by the world cup comes next year, he'll be first choice right back for them again. 

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

England will never have Trent as first choice RB.

I don't agree with that because I think Trent has a level that many don't. However, I don't dispute he's not the obvious choice of chaps who become England manager. 

Gareth fucking Southgate. I can't stand his stupid fucking face and his teeth. Went off the cunt after having to endure the cunt's face cashing in on his pathetic penalty miss to pick up 50 large from Pizzacunt. Absolute tool and tactically inept. Other than that he's great. 

16 hours ago, Iceman said:

Gareth fucking Southgate. I can't stand his stupid fucking face and his teeth. Went off the cunt after having to endure the cunt's face cashing in on his pathetic penalty miss to pick up 50 large from Pizzacunt. Absolute tool and tactically inept. Other than that he's great. 

There have been worse England managers. Southagte may well be 2nd rate but that's part pf the job description. Decent managers don't want the job. 

13 minutes ago, magicrat said:

There have been worse England managers. Southagte may well be 2nd rate but that's part pf the job description. Decent managers don't want the job. 

England supporters remind me a lot of Blueshite supporters. Loads are racist and they harp on about a trophy win way before most of the current supporters were born. And each time the hire a new manager their body clocks reset to the last time they were champions.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

England supporters remind me a lot of Blueshite supporters. Loads are racist and they harp on about a trophy win way before most of the current supporters were born. And each time the hire a new manager their body clocks reset to the last time they were champions.

I agree loads of arseholes going to Ingurland games are racists. I've seen it first hand.   Loads of boos the other night when the team took the knee sums them up. Not fair to say loads of Bloos are racists ; Scousers in general aren't given the multi=cultural nature of the City. 

3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I agree loads of arseholes going to Ingurland games are racists. I've seen it first hand.   Loads of boos the other night when the team took the knee sums them up. Not fair to say loads of Bloos are racists ; Scousers in general aren't given the multi=cultural nature of the City. 

My experience of bloos is that they are far more racist than ourselves,even their local element. I was at those infamous John Barnes games in the 1980s and have mates who are blues. They do appear to have a strong racist element,even now.

17 hours ago, Iceman said:

Southgoat is a fucking buffoon. If Trent was Brazilian, he be lorded as the next Cafu, Alves or Roberto Carlos. He’d get into any other squad in world football. 

Supporters who say he can’t defend are idiots as well. He’s not as good at defending as he is going forwards but, at worst, he’s solid at defending. And he plays in a side and formation where he’s very exposed. 

I get the general feeling of our fans not caring about England. I feel the same, however, it our players are playing, I want them to play well.

For example, Hendo missed a load of shit because England won that shootout v Columbia. If England had lost, he’d have been public enemy #1. 

Personally, I’d rather Trent had a rest but I appreciate from his POV he’ll be gutted. Chance to play in the Euros, which is virtually a home tournament for England and likely a decent chance to win it (yes, I went there!), whether he cares about England or not, is a great chance for personal glory. 

• Upvote 2