Quantcast
Trent Alexander-Arnold - Page 39 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Trent Alexander-Arnold

I'm not that arsed about England but I'd be gutted for Trent as he'll be devastated if left out. England do have a lot of options at right back but personally think they are all overrated. TAA is the only one that offers something special which no other right-back can provide. James, Walker, Trippier, Wan-Bissaka are all average at best. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Alisson; Lamptey, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Trent, Thiago, Fabinho, Mane; Salah, Jota

That’d work I think. 

Lamptey himself is more right winger or wingback than fullback and he's like 5 foot 4. 

He'll be a right back until his pace goes, then he'll move to centre midfield. Why move him from a position he's completely redefined? I read Danny Murphy (who I suspect is on a 'Pay per get things wrong' contract) saying it's a worry he's our most creative player. Why? He provides as many assists from full back as most creative and attacking midfielders, so why does it matter where he plays?

• Upvote 2

Trippier's been excellent in Spain and if you want Walker as this speedster who will offer protection against counter attacks, that's fine. But picking Reece James over Trent as well is just complete nonsense. He's a good player but he's not Trent. 

Micah Richards on motd 2 saying he'd have Kyle Walker first choice, while minutes later on the same show the same Kyle Walker giving away a penalty and being part of a defence which let in 3 goals against Newcastle.

Sad for him if he doesn't go but great for LFC - he really needs the break.

Robertson needs the break even more by the looks of it and hes off with Scotland - really need Tsimikas or another LB for the beginning of next season

There's no point taking Trent if he isn't going to play.

And he's clearly not going to play.

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Micah Richards on motd 2 saying he'd have Kyle Walker first choice, while minutes later on the same show the same Kyle Walker giving away a penalty and being part of a defence which let in 3 goals against Newcastle.

He'd have every City player first choice for every team in the world. 

57 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Hope he doesn't go.  Stupidly not having a back up right back means it's the only break he'll get. 

Definitely need proper full back cover bringing in this summer.

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

He’s a dreadful pundit - who’s just a cheerleader for City

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

He'll be a right back until his pace goes, then he'll move to centre midfield. Why move him from a position he's completely redefined? I read Danny Murphy (who I suspect is on a 'Pay per get things wrong' contract) saying it's a worry he's our most creative player. Why? He provides as many assists from full back as most creative and attacking midfielders, so why does it matter where he plays?

Same as Redknapp and Souness saying yesterday that Firmino is a no. 9 so should score more goals. 

Granted he should be scoring more than he currently is but that wasn't their point

2 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Same as Redknapp and Souness saying yesterday that Firmino is a no. 9 so should score more goals. 

Granted he should be scoring more than he currently is but that wasn't their point

I think it was exactly their point.

Bobby Firmino got 26 goals a couple of seasons back.

So this myth that's he's not there to score goals is just that. A myth.

14 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Yeah but Kyle Walker offers so much more than just defending. He runs forward really fast too. Unlike Trent who obviously offers nothing going forward.

Superb footballer, this season's been as challenging as anyone for Trent. He's suffered from Covid, had that calf injury against City, had his first sustained spell of poor form, left out of England squads and for the first time in his career was part of team that looked like it didn't have the answers.

He's come through that now with flying colours, he's been excellent for the past 3 months. His role in the team has completely changed, he's gone from being the wonderkid who's delivering outrageous to performances in an incredibly well-oiled side to a leader, the hub of creativity, he's popping up all over the pitch and himself and Mo are really leading the charge for top 4.

This season will really stand to him and will add to his character and resilience.

• Upvote 1

England always flatter to deceive and they're managed by Gareth fucking Southgate so he should fuck this tournament off. Have a proper break and be ready to fuck shit up next season and win #20. 

Looking like Southgate is going to leave Trent out of the Euro squad - reports from Graeme Baily - Mirror.

Have to say I'm delighted - he gets to rest over the summer and come back fired up in August for us.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Looking like Southgate is going to leave Trent out of the Euro squad - reports from Graeme Baily - Mirror.

Have to say I'm delighted - he gets to rest over the summer and come back fired up in August for us.

If England have 26 players better than trent then they’ll win the tournament at a canter.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Mark M said:

Made up if he doesn’t go to be honest ...England always need a whipping boy for when it invariably goes tits up and I feel if Trent plays after all the should he or shouldn’t he be picked means I think he’d get the blame somehow from the knuckle draggers  

2 hours ago, Mark M said:

Great news!