Quantcast
Trent Alexander-Arnold - Page 37 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Trent Alexander-Arnold

6 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

He rushed things a lot today - not a necessarliy a bad thing, trying to up the tempo for the forwards to break, given how pedestrian and ponderous our play has been all season. His future is in midfield, being more involved, and being able to shoot more often. It's just a question of when he makes the move.

Disagree. We’ll see.

19 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Disagree. We’ll see.

Ok, I'll come back and say "I told you so" in a couple of years.*

* Heavy drinking and memory loss makes that highly unlikely.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

It’s fair to say, he didn’t have a lot to aim at yesterday...

89DFA8DB-5BF1-4D5B-BBC3-31207420C3D2.png

379226B8-8902-4744-AAFA-F4836974E024.png

Yeah but it's amazing what might happen if you take a shot on in a crowded box instead of trying to walk it into the net every time. Buy a ticket in a lottery and you might just win.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah but it's amazing what might happen if you take a shot on in a crowded box instead of trying to walk it into the net every time. Buy a ticket in a lottery and you might just win.

This. Seems like we never have enough shots from just outside the box 

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

It’s fair to say, he didn’t have a lot to aim at yesterday...

89DFA8DB-5BF1-4D5B-BBC3-31207420C3D2.png

379226B8-8902-4744-AAFA-F4836974E024.png

Not a lot to aim at all, he should have reversed it to Milner, the selfish cunt.

• Upvote 7

Shaqiri and Curtis Jones aren’t shy about a dig from distance. We generally don’t do enough of it though, especially our midfielders. 

It’s surely a tactical decision, as even Jones had stopped doing it during his last run in the side. 

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Shaqiri and Curtis Jones aren’t shy about a dig from distance. We generally don’t do enough of it though, especially our midfielders. 

It’s surely a tactical decision, as even Jones had stopped doing it during his last run in the side. 

I doubt it is tactical. Jurgen took Oxlade Chamberlain aside in training not long after he arrived and said he had a good shot, so use it. I cant beleive the coaching staff have told players not to shoot.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I doubt it is tactical. Jurgen took Oxlade Chamberlain aside in training not long after he arrived and said he had a good shot, so use it. I cant beleive the coaching staff have told players not to shoot.

It's absolutely tactical. If you've ever played football, you know every player wants and loves to shoot from outside the box. The fact we don't do it much indicates they're being told to generally avoid it. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Have you watched our midfielders over the past 4/5 years shoot from outside the box. Outside of Ox they've generally been shite, below Premier league levels of shite. Shaqiri has the off freekick. Even Salah and Mane are not doing it regularly anymore. 

How many time have we seen a Lallana, Gini, Henderson, Milner shot barely have enough power to reach the keeper or end up dragged 10 yards wide. 

We haven't had someone willing to have a go since Coutinho and before him Gerrard, but even he was never the same after that last long injury around 09. 

I echo some of the comments here. I’m now on board with idea of moving him into the middle of the park, I think on the right of a 3 he could be absolutely devastating. 

He was so good from RB and it was our main creative outlet I didn’t see the need. However, our set up has been worked out to an extent so the idea of moving Trent forward could be a real stroke of genius. Yesterday really wet the appetite if you will.

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Agree. I reckon we simply dont have many players good at shooting from distance.

Mane, Salah, Firmino, Henderson and Wijnaldum all pretty poor at it. Probably Thiago as well, haven’t checked his stats from previous clubs.

Among the defenders Trent is the only one, possibly Van Dijk but CBs dont get many opportunities. Robertson is no threat from distance at all.

So that leaves us with Trent and Fabinho from the most regular starters. Ideally you’d like to have at least a couple more.

Wasn't there some analysis that said shooting from long range/outside the box didn't produce many goals and that the analysis showed it was better to keep moving the ball into a better position? 

It may just be that someone on here stated it as fact, can't remember, sure it read something like that though 

6 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Not a lot to aim at all, he should have reversed it to Milner, the selfish cunt.

Still fuming now. No wonder woody hasn't picked him for London 

19 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Christ.... 

Daft Manc cunt. 

Screenshot_20210411_224341.jpg

Whats his point though. This could be said of almost all players. Eric Cantona is just what Lee Trundle could of been.

Trent is lucky that a world class manager recognised his potential world class abilities and used him. Theres literally nobody in the manc team I'd swap Trent for.. not one.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Whats his point though. This could be said of almost all players. Eric Cantona is just what Lee Trundle could of been.

Trent is lucky that a world class manager recognised his potential world class abilities and used him. Theres literally nobody in the manc team I'd swap Trent for.. not one.

I'd put Lee Trundle in my all time Scouse five a side team, I reckon he'd be Pele of the Pitz.

On 10/04/2021 at 17:19, Scott_M said:

Form is temporary.

Class is permanent. 

Southgoat is a jabroni.

Southgate is correct,because it stops him playing for Brexit loving,flag waving retards and doesn't add extra injury risks to TAA. The fewer Liverpool players playing for England the better.

On 11/04/2021 at 20:21, John102 said:

Wasn't there some analysis that said shooting from long range/outside the box didn't produce many goals and that the analysis showed it was better to keep moving the ball into a better position? 

It may just be that someone on here stated it as fact, can't remember, sure it read something like that though 

Yeah I've read that too, it's a low percentage move so most of the time all you achieve is conceding possession and leaving yourself open to counter attacks. 

If you've got the players to do it then it's a great gamble to take because first of all they might score, and secondly because the defence thinks you might score they'll want to quickly close the player down, dragging them out of position and creating space to make the short pass instead of the shot. 

As it stands the opposition has no problem with us having as much of the ball as we want outside of the box, because there's next to no danger of us having the shot, and when we do it goes wide anyway.

We're wasting the opportunity to give the defence something to think about, a dimension of the game that we're completely neglecting. 

• Upvote 1