You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

33 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Trent hasn't been better than Robbo at all this season or since Xmas. Robbo is easily our most consistent player. Trent has been woeful in some games. 

Robbo and Manè as a combo have stank the place out for a couple of months. They can't pass the ball to each other or anticipate what they are going to do. We will need Code to dig out some stats but I can guarantee you Robbo's pass completion rates and chances created have been going south since Christmas while Trent's have been heading in the other direction. He definitely needs this 3 week brak more than Trent does.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Trent hasn't been better than Robbo at all this season or since Xmas. Robbo is easily our most consistent player. Trent has been woeful in some games. 

Robbo has been average at best in 2021. But he has been marginally better than Trent.

Very good news for us this! Keep it up Southgate.

Of course Trent may be disappointed, pissed off or whatever by the decision, but I dont see a problem for us there. You need a certain character to play for a top club, and if he’s got that character this will either not affect him or simply incease his hunger to improve.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think Southgoat fancies Trent as a player in general. He hooks him or doesn’t start him quite a lot. 

Hopefully Trent will be flying for us now until the end of the season to make sure he’s in the Euros squad.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheRedMachine said:

Delighted. Hope the gormless yes-man prick drops every Red from that squad of cunts for good. Hope they beat in every game. 

It is one of the great joys of football watching all the pricks who support them be devestated each summer there is a tournament on.

Watching the news and seeing loads of them all over the country in pubs and parks etc sitting with head in hands and staring at screens as yet another failure sets in is a joyous sight....especially so when it is yet another penalties bottle job.

Fuck them.

• Upvote 5

It would be great if a scouse footballer one day just completely fucked them off and said it how it is.  I take grief from inbreds up and down the country every week, why the fuck would I want to then represent them?

Unfortunately there’s too much money to be made from the PR and the prestige of playing in a World Cup.  The more shit players take though and the more meaningless crap fixtures that get added and added over the years will mean it’s going to happen at some point.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It would be great if a scouse footballer one day just completely fucked them off and said it how it is.  I take grief from inbreds up and down the country every week, why the fuck would I want to then represent them?

Unfortunately there’s too much money to be made from the PR and the prestige of playing in a World Cup.  The more shit players take though and the more meaningless crap fixtures that get added and added over the years will mean it’s going to happen at some point.

Dead on.

If i was a professional footballer and picked to play for Ingerlund that is exactly what i'd do.

It would be made clear as day - fuck off, don't want to play and don't ask me about it again.

3 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

To be honest, if I was England manager, I wouldn't pick him on current form. 

I get that, he’s had some stinkers this season. But, his form has picked up over the last month or so, form is temporary and class is permanent and all that. 

My biggest concern is, and somebody correct me if I’m wrong, has Southgate ever dropped a player from the squad and given this sort of reason before?

Lindgard has played 6/8 good games in the last 3 years and Southgoat is back to sucking him off. 

It actually sickens me when i see our players especially scouse ones representing those bastards.

Week in week out away fans rock up at Anfield and give it the usual 'sign on' 'in your liverpool slums' 'always the victims' etc etc....

Social media was overflowing last season with fans of other clubs desperate for season to be voided to spite us.

We take all sorts of shite about the city and its people etc from all corners too.

Yet we are supposed to join these people and stand arm in arm with them for Ingerlund?

Fuck off.

I hate seeing our players playing for them - hated it with Gerrard especially.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Dropped by Southgate for England. Walker, James and Trippier picked instead. I know we’ve been poor lately but Trent is still miles ahead of those three. Oh well at least he gets a decent rest and won’t be sent back injured.

Maybe usually, yeah - head and shoulders. He’s been absolute shite all season pretty much for us though. Bobby levels of dip in form. He should be getting dropped for us as well.