Quantcast
Trent Alexander-Arnold - Page 23 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Trent Alexander-Arnold

10 hours ago, skaro said:

The PFA/Football Writers double for TAA?

I was thinking last week that there’s not an obvious choice this year so far for these awards.

Sterling was getting a lot of attention early, but that’s died down a bit lately. 

i was thinking Mane was possibly leading the race, but maybe Vardy with his goal record would be close.

maybe you’re right. Maybe it could be Trent.

if he tops the assist table through to the end and keeps playing as well as he has, then why not?

• Like 1

Possibly the most impressive thing Trent did yesterday was defensive, when he swept up across the backline when Vardy was baring down on goal in the 1st half.

Using his pace to combat that Leicester attack, what impressed me most was Trent's concentration and reading of the game, both areas where he's been found lacking in the past. Shows he's maturing, learning and improving.

• Upvote 1

21 and playing like that is unreal. Brandon played right into his hands yesterday. Playing Maddison on the wing against Trent was another of Brandons masterclass displays. Giving Trent freedom to roam at will is possibly his most brilliant decision of the season. 

Trent is Cafu, Carlos Alberto and when he gets his defending top notch, mix a little bit of Phil Neal into that. Captain in a few years and what 10-12 years left of dominating the league bombing forward. Brilliant just utterly brilliant. I'm still tanked so coherent is probably not available right now.

He doesn’t need to move into midfield either. Seems to be conventional wisdom that it’s inevitable at some future point. If anything it might cramp his style. He’s well capable of running a game from where he is.

4 hours ago, Ginny said:

Anyone seen the banter between him and Mbappé on Twitter. I’ll be honest I’m getting a little chubby on 

Mbappe hasn't tweeted since before Christmas?

51 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Mbappe hasn't tweeted since before Christmas?

Check his likes

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

He doesn’t need to move into midfield either. Seems to be conventional wisdom that it’s inevitable at some future point. If anything it might cramp his style. He’s well capable of running a game from where he is.

In today's game where almost every team stacks the midfield and defends narrow, there's more space to work with at right back anyway. He's a good enough footballer that he would be a good midfielder, but I don't think there's any indication he would be better as a midfielder than as a right back.

Although, I'd actually like England to use him there so we could see.

• Upvote 1

I’d play him in midfield for England if I was Southgate.  They couldn’t replicate what we do here and he’d get wasted at right back or potentially caught out because the midfielders won’t know how to cover him.  That was Gerrard levels last night which is something I never thought find myself saying about anyone because he was one of a kind.

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport

You know you've done something special when the most famous picture of you is simply standing over a corner kick. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, A_S said:

You know you've done something special when the most famous picture of you is simply standing over a corner kick. 

Amazing how far the lad has come in a short space of time. He also comes over well. 

Seeing Gary Neville sucking TAA off on MNF is hilarious. He fucking loves him. You know it hurts him to love a Liverpool player so much.