You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

Plus even if you were to win something with them, all you'd be doing is making the most repulsive cunts in the land happy. Lots of decent people would be happy too, but the worst people would be the ones who enjoyed it most.

• Upvote 4

Cascarino today:

"I think Southgate could be confident of placing Alexander-Arnold in his club role. The player receives plenty of criticism for his defending but Liverpool recorded the Premier League’s joint-best defensive record this season with him in the team".

Then he proceeds to agree that Trent can't defend.

It's as if these people have some special filter in their brain that blocks any actual reflection on the fact that, in spite of our 'naive' high line and Trent's inability to defend, our defensive record is excellent, and hardly an irrelevant matter in such a context!

On 06/06/2022 at 12:06, dave u said:

What happened with Sturridge, refresh my memory.

England manager Roy Hodgson has admitted putting Daniel Sturridge's "resolve to the test" by playing him through injury during the nation's recent loss to Germany.

The former Liverpool boss—whose doomed Anfield reign lasted a little over six months between 2010-11—has risked the anger of his former club by indicating he opted to play Sturridge, despite the striker not being 100 percent fit.

"Dan has pulled out of a few matches with us for injury reasons. The first game he played for me against the Republic of Ireland he got injured. It was important for me to, if you like, test his resolve a little bit.

I might have been guilty of putting that resolve to the test but I don’t apologise for it.

And I am delighted he did get out there, even though he maybe didn’t feel 100 per cent, because that means in future I will know I can trust him as an England player. He is not going to be playing when he feels like it, he is going to be playing when he’s fit to play".

The man was insane.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

England manager Roy Hodgson has admitted putting Daniel Sturridge's "resolve to the test" by playing him through injury during the nation's recent loss to Germany.

The former Liverpool boss—whose doomed Anfield reign lasted a little over six months between 2010-11—has risked the anger of his former club by indicating he opted to play Sturridge, despite the striker not being 100 percent fit.

"Dan has pulled out of a few matches with us for injury reasons. The first game he played for me against the Republic of Ireland he got injured. It was important for me to, if you like, test his resolve a little bit.

I might have been guilty of putting that resolve to the test but I don’t apologise for it.

And I am delighted he did get out there, even though he maybe didn’t feel 100 per cent, because that means in future I will know I can trust him as an England player. He is not going to be playing when he feels like it, he is going to be playing when he’s fit to play".

The man was insane.

I was so angry with Hodgson for that! Bloody fool.

• Upvote 1

I suppose we should be grateful he wasn't a doctor.

'Excuse me, Dr Hodgson. What are you doing with Professor Hawking? Why is he hanging from that climbing frame??'

'Just trying out a hunch I had. He does seem to be wedded to that chair of his'.

'He's PARALYSED, man!'

'Yeah, well, so he says...'

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You were only agree with him over that? That was probably down the list of the multitude of shite he did while here. Starting with his appointment,of course.

Oh I know but, unlike Dave, I remembered it well!

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Theyve still got two more useless international fixtures left? Fuckin ridiculous shit.

It is a fucking joke...first time in ages seems there is no shite summer tournament and still here we are after season ended weeks ago still playing games.

Luckily it seems a lot of our main men have swerved a good chunk of the utter shite it all is.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

It is a fucking joke...first time in ages seems there is no shite summer tournament and still here we are after season ended weeks ago still playing games.

Luckily it seems a lot of our main men have swerved a good chunk of the utter shite it all is.

And because of the next stupid shite tournament, we're playing the charity shield in July. When the fuck are the players supposed to get a rest? We're actually lucky Trent and Henderson are getting off early as mad as that sounds. 

I would just like to say that Trent is fucking great and while I understand he wants to play for England if he doesn't get selected im good with it. England have never appreciated, and don't deserve, Liverpools finest footballers 

55 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

And because of the next stupid shite tournament, we're playing the charity shield in July. When the fuck are the players supposed to get a rest? We're actually lucky Trent and Henderson are getting off early as mad as that sounds. 

Yeah and VVD with Holland....lucky there...

Thiago missing Spain games too.

But it is all a joke....has even got to stage now where international bollocks has stopped clubs being able to call on their own employees for games, employees who they recruit for huge sums and who they pay huge wages to.

Bale may be a prick and has hardly played himself but he is spot on here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61763101

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah and VVD with Holland....lucky there...

Thiago missing Spain games too.

But it is all a joke....has even got to stage now where international bollocks has stopped clubs being able to call on their own employees for games, employees who they recruit for huge sums and who they pay huge wages to.

Bale may be a prick and has hardly played himself but he is spot on here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61763101

There's just too much self interest. The rule makers run competitions. Which obviously conflicts with what is good for the game for both players and fans. But that'll never change because all these cunts care about is the gravy train and more fucking backhanders. 

52 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

There's just too much self interest. The rule makers run competitions. Which obviously conflicts with what is good for the game for both players and fans. But that'll never change because all these cunts care about is the gravy train and more fucking backhanders. 

Is right

On 07/06/2022 at 17:27, gkmacca said:

Cascarino today:

"I think Southgate could be confident of placing Alexander-Arnold in his club role. The player receives plenty of criticism for his defending but Liverpool recorded the Premier League’s joint-best defensive record this season with him in the team".

Then he proceeds to agree that Trent can't defend.

It's as if these people have some special filter in their brain that blocks any actual reflection on the fact that, in spite of our 'naive' high line and Trent's inability to defend, our defensive record is excellent, and hardly an irrelevant matter in such a context!

The discussion of our high line is the same as pundits going on about us zonal marking under Rafa.

Both cases they go on and on about it like it's a massive problem, seemingly oblivious to us having one of the best defensive records in the league over multiple seasons with both approaches.

4 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

The discussion of our high line is the same as pundits going on about us zonal marking under Rafa.

Both cases they go on and on about it like it's a massive problem, seemingly oblivious to us having one of the best defensive records in the league over multiple seasons with both approaches.

Yes. Their reasoning appears to be that, because we occasionally concede a goal, it must be down to the system we play, as if other teams don't occasionally concede goals, and in fact more often than we do. No matter how good our defensive record is, nothing will deter them from repeating this strange conviction.

I think part of the percieved problem of our high line is this fucking mental keep the flag down rule. Some games we can give up what appears to be half a dozen chances and look really vulnerable, but the reality is all those chances are offside. But at the time with the flag down they look and feel like real chances 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think part of the percieved problem of our high line is this fucking mental keep the flag down rule. Some games we can give up what appears to be half a dozen chances and look really vulnerable, but the reality is all those chances are offside. But at the time with the flag down they look and feel like real chances 

It's really annoying. Especially when you watch the highlights and they waste time discussing them as it they have any relevance to the actual game. It also encourages the other side and their fans to keep the tempo up as they think they're creating chances. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, aws said:

It's really annoying. Especially when you watch the highlights and they waste time discussing them as it they have any relevance to the actual game. It also encourages the other side and their fans to keep the tempo up as they think they're creating chances. 

I think we conceded more offside goals than actual goals last season.

The media do love to spin it as almost a goal, rather than praise the efficiency of our offside trap.