You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think some of his interceptions were brilliant but there is an argument to say that he needs to make them due to being out of position in the first place. Although there is another argument to say that at other times he doesn't get the support and help from the attacking player in front of him. This is why the likes of Hendo and Milner are so important to the team.

Chelsea's whole attacking game plan is overloading us with those wing backs and Alonso is giving a lot of freedom to go as far forward as possible. You could have a Rob Jones/Steve Finnan hybrid in there and he would still look outmatched. Trent was brilliant defensively.

And that pass to Diaz with the outside of his boot, my word.

• Upvote 1

From Football365

“with Mendy saving from Luis Diaz with his legs before the ball was scrambled clear, after having been put through by a pass from Trent Alexander-Arnold that frankly shouldn’t have been shown before the watershed”

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The stink of boiled piss is wonderful.

Gammons out in force then. Did they comment on the booing of the anti-racism actions taken by the team?? 

ETA: I bet half the England team only mouth an approximation of the words anyway. 
I hate this country. 

The sheer artificiality, and implausibility, of so big an abstraction as 'England,' let alone the 'United Kingdom,' always makes it quite odd how some claim, in spite of this, to have a passionately meaningful identification with far bigger communities than that. The mind, especially the Scouse mind, can be a mischievous thing, as we all know.

Anyway, Ingerlund. The way they've treated our players over the decades is nothing short of scandalous, and yet it flies way under the radar. Redknapp's career was wrecked by them. So was Sturridge's - and in his case quite blatantly so. They'll do it to Trent if they have half a chance. If they really don't fancy him, stop picking him and give him a rest. At the moment he seems locked into some perverse form of national penance for daring to be so good for a club that those in power resent. Any other national team manager would celebate him. Southgate treats him like some kind of burden.

If I had been good enough to play professionally I'd have just fucked England off entirely.

Genuinely baffles me why any of our players do, they constantly get shit off the fans no matter what they do.

And you have things like Joe Gomez getting attacked by Sterling and no one gives a flying fuck.

It's not as if you can even justify it by thinking they might win something as England are shite and just shoehorn in the "best" players without any plan or structure.

Far better having a week off, keeping fit and prolonging your career a bit.