You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

If Henderson is struggling, then he needs to do a van dijk and concentrate on himself and the club. 

I'm not being xenophobic, but England aren't winning the euros, so why should a 30+ player, with suspect fitness issues risk his upcoming season for the club he captains. He needs to see a bit of sense. 

Trent is similar, go on holidays have a rest and come back for preseason fresh as a daisy. 

Milner saw the light and retired from international football to get a few more seasons at the top level and its worked really well. Milner also has no long term injury struggles whereas Henderson does. Henderson's problem is his trying to please everybody and yet he'll end up pleasing nobody and likely continue with more injury problems. Clubs pay player's wages while international football is just a vanity project.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Probably the best time to pick up this injury, if trent had got this during the season we might have been pretty fucked for a while. 

There’s never a good time to pick up an injury.

If it were me, then I’d be ok in the future probably until I got into my later years and then the inherent weakness would probably affect me in some way, such as walking properly.

With professional sports players, a weakness is amplified much sooner by either becoming repetitive or causing a drop off in level.

Klopp should have been listened to by the other teams, you’ll get Wilder commentating on how he wants England to do well, while at the same time seeing the squad affected by injury withdrawals that are attributable to those players being played excessively in a compacted league program that the likes of him made more difficult because they saw 5 subs as an unfair advantage to the bigger teams.

3 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

There’s never a good time to pick up an injury.

If it were me, then I’d be ok in the future probably until I got into my later years and then the inherent weakness would probably affect me in some way, such as walking properly.

With professional sports players, a weakness is amplified much sooner by either becoming repetitive or causing a drop off in level.

Klopp should have been listened to by the other teams, you’ll get Wilder commentating on how he wants England to do well, while at the same time seeing the squad affected by injury withdrawals that are attributable to those players being played excessively in a compacted league program that the likes of him made more difficult because they saw 5 subs as an unfair advantage to the bigger teams.

I am not in favour of five subs myself as it does favour the big clubs. That said,everybody in the PL is theoretically a 'big club' and if half the clubs acted that way and actually tried to win it rather than simply stay in it then it wouldn't be so bad. Its at times like that you look to your leaders of organisations such as the PL or FA to find solutions yet they more often than not make the whole situation much worse. 

When your only god is money,the devil has your soul.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

If Henderson is struggling, then he needs to do a van dijk and concentrate on himself and the club. 

I'm not being xenophobic, but England aren't winning the euros, so why should a 30+ player, with suspect fitness issues risk his upcoming season for the club he captains. He needs to see a bit of sense. 

Trent is similar, go on holidays have a rest and come back for preseason fresh as a daisy. 

Totallly agree. If Hendo went on and played before it was safe and was injured again because of that, he should no longer be the captain of Liverpool FC.

8 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Totallly agree. If Hendo went on and played before it was safe and was injured again because of that, he should no longer be the captain of Liverpool FC.

I think that's harsh but it's definitely a valid point. If he was fit, then playing for England is perfectly acceptable but he's missing more and more games for us through injury and his priority needs to be Liverpool FC and being fit for next season.

It's unfair on the lads who actually care about playing for England. For a lot of lads particularly a lad from Sunderland, the chance to represent England at a major tournament is a massive deal. Carragher wasn't too arsed about England but Gerrard was. Owen seemed to care more about England as did Redknapp who pretty much always came back from international duty with a bad injury. For some players it doesn't mean as much as the club (Carra, Fowler) for others it does. 

I can't really tell yet with Trent but if he's genuinely gutted then I am for him as well even though I personally would prefer him and Henderson to fuck them off. 

• Upvote 1

You just know Hendo is going to be back in Liverpool on crutches by the end of the month. 

This recurring nightmare with the fact England haven't won a thing for 55 years has made me absolutely sick of International football. 

Gareth fucking Southgate. I can't stand his stupid fucking face and his teeth. Went off the cunt after having to endure the cunt's face cashing in on his pathetic penalty miss to pick up 50 large from Pizzacunt. Absolute tool and tactically inept. Other than that he's great. 

16 hours ago, Iceman said:

Gareth fucking Southgate. I can't stand his stupid fucking face and his teeth. Went off the cunt after having to endure the cunt's face cashing in on his pathetic penalty miss to pick up 50 large from Pizzacunt. Absolute tool and tactically inept. Other than that he's great. 

There have been worse England managers. Southagte may well be 2nd rate but that's part pf the job description. Decent managers don't want the job. 

13 minutes ago, magicrat said:

There have been worse England managers. Southagte may well be 2nd rate but that's part pf the job description. Decent managers don't want the job. 

England supporters remind me a lot of Blueshite supporters. Loads are racist and they harp on about a trophy win way before most of the current supporters were born. And each time the hire a new manager their body clocks reset to the last time they were champions.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

England supporters remind me a lot of Blueshite supporters. Loads are racist and they harp on about a trophy win way before most of the current supporters were born. And each time the hire a new manager their body clocks reset to the last time they were champions.

I agree loads of arseholes going to Ingurland games are racists. I've seen it first hand.   Loads of boos the other night when the team took the knee sums them up. Not fair to say loads of Bloos are racists ; Scousers in general aren't given the multi=cultural nature of the City.