You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

41 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57338349

Henderson struggling too according to this.

Hendo needs his fucking head looking at, he's picked up that injury that kept him out for the last part of the season yet he's desparate to play in the Euros. Will they never learn?

Im sorry Trent's injured as well but I think he wasnt going to the Euros as England's 1st or 2nd choice right back. He's another who should stay at home and get fit for next season which now looks to be the case.

• Upvote 1

I don't want him playing, but I wouldn't mind Hendo still travelling with the squad. 

It does give me a good sense of pride whenever he's in the news doing good deeds, whether it's the NHS thing, being the one to organise the captains of all the Prem teams together to talk about the super league, or getting praise for looking after the young players stepping up to the England squad for the first time. 

Funnily enough, all stuff that the so called England captain should be doing, but he's too busy dribbling down himself to make the effort. 

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Hendo needs his fucking head looking at, he's picked up that injury that kept him out for the last part of the season yet he's desparate to play in the Euros. Will they never learn?

Im sorry Trent's injured as well but I think he wasnt going to the Euros as England's 1st or 2nd choice right back. He's another who should stay at home and get fit for next season which now looks to be the case.

Looking at his reaction he’ll be doing well to start next season fit. Didn’t look happy at all

16 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

For most footballers, playing for their country at a major tournament is a massive deal. The chance to win it at Wembley is a huge incentive for them. 

• Upvote 2

Players want to play international football, we may hate it most if them don't. Don't get me wrong I'd love everyone of our players to Jack it in but it's never happing. Best you can hope for is no long term injuries and we don't even get that

22 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

For most footballers, playing for their country at a major tournament is a massive deal. The chance to win it at Wembley is a huge incentive for them. 

Yeah, I get all that. I think they need to give their heads a shake when they've had a number of injuries in an exceptional seasonand the last one has kept them out of their club side for the last couple of months or 3. And you'd think our players especially would have looked at Keita to see how he's fucked his body up wanting to play in a tournament.

2 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Calf injury was it? If so he’ll probably miss the Euros. Which is sad for him I guess, but for us a few weeks off and then a full preseason isn’t a bad scenario.

That. He has retrieved his ego by forcing his way back into England and it's all that matters to Trent. Let him now nurse his injury and take a long and well deserved holiday. 

Remember when Klopp was basically told to wind his neck in by managers , the media and rival fans on Twatter over the 5 sub rule ?

Would be a real shame if England started to lose key players to niggling injuries especially when they were the only top division in Europe to reject that change 

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Remember when Klopp was basically told to wind his neck in by managers , the media and rival fans on Twatter over the 5 sub rule ?

Would be a real shame if England started to lose key players to niggling injuries especially when they were the only top division in Europe to reject that change 

In fairness to Southgate, he was in agreement with Klopp on that one. His decision to take a spate of unfit players is, on the other hand, foolish.

On 01/06/2021 at 17:59, Redder Lurtz said:

Bit harsh on Southgate you lot. Couldn't give a flying fuck about Ingurland but I met him earlier this year, proper nice bloke. 

There's a big difference between your professional job and you as a person. He might be a really nice bloke(perfect for England then) but he is a pretty average manager.

If Henderson is struggling, then he needs to do a van dijk and concentrate on himself and the club. 

I'm not being xenophobic, but England aren't winning the euros, so why should a 30+ player, with suspect fitness issues risk his upcoming season for the club he captains. He needs to see a bit of sense. 

Trent is similar, go on holidays have a rest and come back for preseason fresh as a daisy. 

At least this might shine a light on the fact our fullback backups are pretty much none existent. 

Probably the best time to pick up this injury, if trent had got this during the season we might have been pretty fucked for a while. 

• Upvote 2