You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

Southgate doesn't fancy him, a quick look at his minutes for England tells you that. His slight and vastly over exaggerated dip in form just gave him the perfect opportunity to drop him.

It's shit for Trent but is great for us.Drop Hendo too and our 90% of our squad will have the summer off.

17 minutes ago, dave u said:

Southgate isn't that stupid.

And if he is that stupid, he definitely isn't that brave. No way he's got the balls to not pick Trent because he knows the heat he'll get.

Normally Id agree Dave but maybe Southgate considers he's overloaded with choices for right back?

I still think Trent wastes a lot of balls by not looking up before he crosses. When they're bob on, they're bob on but a few too many still sail over the bar or over everyone's head and out for a throw.

Still, I'll be more than made up if none of our lads make it to the Euros with their country.

I'm not that arsed about England but I'd be gutted for Trent as he'll be devastated if left out. England do have a lot of options at right back but personally think they are all overrated. TAA is the only one that offers something special which no other right-back can provide. James, Walker, Trippier, Wan-Bissaka are all average at best. 

• Upvote 1

He'll be a right back until his pace goes, then he'll move to centre midfield. Why move him from a position he's completely redefined? I read Danny Murphy (who I suspect is on a 'Pay per get things wrong' contract) saying it's a worry he's our most creative player. Why? He provides as many assists from full back as most creative and attacking midfielders, so why does it matter where he plays?

• Upvote 2

Trippier's been excellent in Spain and if you want Walker as this speedster who will offer protection against counter attacks, that's fine. But picking Reece James over Trent as well is just complete nonsense. He's a good player but he's not Trent. 

Sad for him if he doesn't go but great for LFC - he really needs the break.

Robertson needs the break even more by the looks of it and hes off with Scotland - really need Tsimikas or another LB for the beginning of next season

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Micah Richards on motd 2 saying he'd have Kyle Walker first choice, while minutes later on the same show the same Kyle Walker giving away a penalty and being part of a defence which let in 3 goals against Newcastle.

He'd have every City player first choice for every team in the world. 

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Micah Richards on motd 2 saying he'd have Kyle Walker first choice, while minutes later on the same show the same Kyle Walker giving away a penalty and being part of a defence which let in 3 goals against Newcastle.

He’s a dreadful pundit - who’s just a cheerleader for City

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

He'll be a right back until his pace goes, then he'll move to centre midfield. Why move him from a position he's completely redefined? I read Danny Murphy (who I suspect is on a 'Pay per get things wrong' contract) saying it's a worry he's our most creative player. Why? He provides as many assists from full back as most creative and attacking midfielders, so why does it matter where he plays?

Same as Redknapp and Souness saying yesterday that Firmino is a no. 9 so should score more goals. 

Granted he should be scoring more than he currently is but that wasn't their point

2 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Same as Redknapp and Souness saying yesterday that Firmino is a no. 9 so should score more goals. 

Granted he should be scoring more than he currently is but that wasn't their point

I think it was exactly their point.

Bobby Firmino got 26 goals a couple of seasons back.

So this myth that's he's not there to score goals is just that. A myth.

14 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Yeah but Kyle Walker offers so much more than just defending. He runs forward really fast too. Unlike Trent who obviously offers nothing going forward.

Superb footballer, this season's been as challenging as anyone for Trent. He's suffered from Covid, had that calf injury against City, had his first sustained spell of poor form, left out of England squads and for the first time in his career was part of team that looked like it didn't have the answers.

He's come through that now with flying colours, he's been excellent for the past 3 months. His role in the team has completely changed, he's gone from being the wonderkid who's delivering outrageous to performances in an incredibly well-oiled side to a leader, the hub of creativity, he's popping up all over the pitch and himself and Mo are really leading the charge for top 4.

This season will really stand to him and will add to his character and resilience.

• Upvote 1

England always flatter to deceive and they're managed by Gareth fucking Southgate so he should fuck this tournament off. Have a proper break and be ready to fuck shit up next season and win #20.