You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sometimes he's very careless, but there's inherent risk in the way he plays because he plays the ball forward so much. He has to keep doing it. 

I think sometimes is out the window for him this season mate. His sometimes moments would exaggerate the good bits. He’s been really poor.

Im sure he will come good though. Whatever is happening currently will be done and dusted by next season. I think when the crowds go back and we have virg and a couple of new faces, we will be flying again.

This season will continue to be shite though I fear. Not understanding the champions league optimism personally, but hope to be proved wrong.

He has been poor but it is not the case he is giving the ball away more this season. His completion rate is actually better this year than the previous two and he is making more passes on the whole. 

What is missing are the assists which have dried up and any gola threat from him.

18 hours ago, Aventus said:

Sometimes I get the feeling they treat it as a bit of a working holiday, especially the young players. Get together with some other English lads, have a bit of a relaxed attitude and a mess about, probably pick up a few quid as a bonus cheque from the FA.

The thing last year with greenwood and Foden sneaking those Icelandic birds into the hotel is probably the norm for England away games and I don't think it is something their respective clubs would ever allow, it only became news because of covid lockdowns.

I reckon Trent a while back trying to chat up that pregnant bird while he was on England duty would have been surrounded by another couple of players egging him on etc.

In all I doubt they take the England job very seriously outside of the tournaments every 2 years, and the only thing Trent will gutted about is missing out on some banter with the lads and a trip to Albania.

While I don't actively support England, I'm probably rare on here in that I still love international tournaments. 

A big problem is qualifiers. England could put out their 6th team and should qualify for a 24 team Euros. Fair enough a world cup is harder to qualify and Poland with Levendowski is a tough team, but it's 90 percent likely they top that group. If they go in the playoffs, it's very unlikely they don't qualify.

The standard of international teams across Europe is more lobsided then ever, especially towards the wealthier countries. I mean all of the Eastern Europeam countries used to be shit hot and now a lot of them are shit. Ireland and Scotland used to have world class players, but Robbo is probably the only one between them in about 15 years. Wales had a good generation and Bale wad outstanding to be fair. Norman Whiteside is the last really good Northern Irish player.

Uefa has a lot to answer for. I mean they haven't supported development across the continent. It's a shame because if England were playing Bulgaria or Romania twenty years they were in for a proper game. Now they are going to Sofia and smashing them by six goals.

On 20/03/2021 at 11:21, Pidge said:

Sure he'll be pissed off about getting dropped, but James is a very good young talent as well and having a very good season. Mad that Trippier is still in the scene though. Walker you can accept, even if he is a fucking idiot that you know will make mistakes when under pressure.

Why?

Good for him, I think he's a distant fifth best out of the options available (and even then I'd be considering getting Lamptey committed to England before giving him the call - he appears to be, but obviously could still go for Ghana at the moment).

• 2 weeks later...

Seen a couple of papers reporting Jurgen as being shocked that Trent had been dropped by soutgate from the England squad and might not make the Euros.

Id be turning cartwheels over this if I was Jurgen. If Trent doesnt go the Euros, he will be fresher for next season and maybe have a bit of a point to prove so may be fired up. To be honest, I dont think he's been in sparkling form for a while. Not saying I think others in his position have been better than him, just think he hasnt performed to his own potential along with a few others.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Seen a couple of papers reporting Jurgen as being shocked that Trent had been dropped by soutgate from the England squad and might not make the Euros.

Id be turning cartwheels over this if I was Jurgen. If Trent doesnt go the Euros, he will be fresher for next season and maybe have a bit of a point to prove so may be fired up. To be honest, I dont think he's been in sparkling form for a while. Not saying I think others in his position have been better than him, just think he hasnt performed to his own potential along with a few others.

He's said in public that he's shocked, but I can guarantee you in private he's made up. It's a total own goal by Southgate but it's to Liverpool's benefit so who cares?

• Upvote 1

They're having the 2nd chat of the night on Sky about England's right back. Neville has gone for Walker for his defensive ability. Maybe I'm wrong but was he not at the scene of the crime when England got knocked out of the world cup? One of them "where did he come from" goals that he's made a career from, we have scored a few of those against City ourselves. 

Trent is the best player England have and I include Harry Kane in that, the idea there needs to be a discussion is insane. If England are going to win it won't be by keeping clean sheets with Pickford, Maguire and Stones as the spine, they will need to score lots of goals. The best way to do that is by getting Trent into positions to supply Kane.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

They're having the 2nd chat of the night on Sky about England's right back. Neville has gone for Walker for his defensive ability. Maybe I'm wrong but was he not at the scene of the crime when England got knocked out of the world cup? One of them "where did he come from" goals that he's made a career from, we have scored a few of those against City ourselves. 

Trent is the best player England have and I include Harry Kane in that, the idea there needs to be a discussion is insane. If England are going to win it won't be by keeping clean sheets with Pickford, Maguire and Stones as the spine, they will need to score lots of goals. The best way to do that is by getting Trent into positions to supply Kane.

Trent hasn’t been very good this season, and England have plenty of good right backs. Walker is probably the most consistent defensively bar the odd brainfart moments, Trippier is a very good crosser of the ball, and Reece James looks like he’ll be a complete fullback one day, though he’s not quite there yet. Trent’s best is sensational, if he had been at his best then there wouldn’t have been any discussion about this. 

9 hours ago, aws said:

Is that a genuine quote? 

No it’s fake.

8 hours ago, No2 said:

He was playing as a centre back when he did his fuck ups to be fair to him.  Another piece of Southgate genius management to add to the list.  I don’t think Southgate has got the tactical ability or balls to get the best out of Trent.  He’s more suited to having a traditional full back.  This dropping hasn’t come out of the blue for me.  Even when Trent was flying in the biggest games in football he was picking Trippier ahead of him.  He just doesn’t fancy him.

• Upvote 1

I wish they'd stop banging on about Trent and should he or shouldn't he go away with England to the Euros as you know when they get knocked out after another shite display we can guarantee who the scapegoat will be with the knuckle draggers as they've always got to have one

Personally I'd rather he stayed at home with Robbo and kept VVD company  

Southgate is by far too mediocre a manager to get the best out of Trent. He hasn't got a fucking clue. Its astounding the respect put on Southgate. He would turn 70s Brazil into some shit version of Boro.

Imagine your day to day working with Klopp and then joining Southgate with England.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Southgate is by far too mediocre a manager to get the best out of Trent. He hasn't got a fucking clue. Its astounding the respect put on Southgate. He would turn 70s Brazil into some shit version of Boro.

Imagine your day to day working with Klopp and then joining Southgate with England.

This. Every fucking day.  Southgate is an FA Man. Tows the party line, speaks well & looks good in a three piece suit. 

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

And then playing in a back 4 with accident stones and slow-mo maguire. 

All this from Klopp and Trent's side seems a little disingenuous to me. Whingeing about not getting offered a job that you didn't really want. More about status than realistic hopes of any medals. Just fucking get Liverpool up the table and let Southgate flounder about 

This myth about England having so many great options at right-back - they don't. They only have ONE great player in that position, and that's Trent. The other options available vary between average and fairly good, but not great. Southgate is a fucking idiot so I fully expect him to go with Walker and James whilst leaving out Trent.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Baltar said:

This myth about England having so many great options at right-back - they don't. They only have ONE great player in that position, and that's Trent. The other options available vary between average and fairly good, but not great. Southgate is a fucking idiot so I fully expect him to go with Walker and James whilst leaving out Trent.

Trent has been very far from great this season.