You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Dropped by Southgate for England. Walker, James and Trippier picked instead. I know we’ve been poor lately but Trent is still miles ahead of those three. Oh well at least he gets a decent rest and won’t be sent back injured.

Excellent. 

Pity the pointy-nosed penalty-misser never dropped Joe Gomez.

14 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Dropped by Southgate for England. Walker, James and Trippier picked instead. I know we’ve been poor lately but Trent is still miles ahead of those three. Oh well at least he gets a decent rest and won’t be sent back injured.

I can't comment on those 3 since I've seen so few games of theirs. But Trent has been poor for ages now and doesn't deserve (if that's the right word) an international call up.

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

I can't comment on those 3 since I've seen so few games of theirs. But Trent has been poor for ages now and doesn't deserve (if that's the right word) an international call up.

I think he’s been one of our few positives recently, not at his absolute best but still trying to create things and brave with his passing. 

• Upvote 1

Good time for Trent to say he no longer wishes to play for England. Happy that he's been left out by Southgate, but it is hugely insulting to a Premier League, Champions League and World Club Champions winner to be judged unselectable by a third rate manager of a no mark international squad. Gomez and Henderson should also retire from the face that is international football. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Trent is going to be absolutely raging about that. I expect to see some serious performances from him in the coming months. In his defence he’s been probably our best player in 2021.

No he hasn't. Hope this helps. 

• Upvote 2

Trent's demise has been greatly exaggerated, he has been better than Robertson for 2 or 3 months after a shocking start to the season. 

When is the last time an England squad didn't have a Liverpool player in it?

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I’m obviously made up Trent has been left out but fuck me Eric Dier and Jesse Lingard ...

After a shite season at least come summer I’ll be able to enjoy laughing at Southgate and England 

Quite.

TAA is outstanding for 3+ years and has 6/8 bad games is dropped. Lindgard does fuck all for 3+ years, has 6/8 good games and is back in. 

Baffling decision.

Still, good news for us and fuck England & fuck Southgoat. 

Shows how completely clueless Southgate is. I was reading united fans saying bissaka is the best in the league because he has the most tackles. The fucker always needs to throw a sliding tackle in because he's out of position in a team that's static at the back.

Good for us though a shame for Trent his job for us leaves his position more exposed than most fullbacks. 

Trent has largely been shit all season.  England don’t play their right backs as high as Trent which goes against him because he’s probably the most poor defensively out of all Southgates options.  Along with having an abundance of talented right backs he was always going to be at risk. 

I don’t know what Lingard has got to with with anything really.  He’s in the squad because of injuries to other forward players.  Completely pointless taking 3 right backs

People living in absolute fantasy land thinking he’s been our best player or better than Robertson as well.  Robertson hasn’t been as good as usual but he’s been light years away from Trent.  Trent has recently played well against Wolves and Leipzig which I’m guessing is frying peoples brains.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Trent has largely been shit all season.  England don’t play their right backs as high as Trent which goes against him because he’s probably the most poor defensively out of all Southgates options.  Along with having an abundance of talented right backs he was always going to be at risk. 

I don’t know what Lingard has got to with with anything really.  He’s in the squad because of injuries to other forward players.  Completely pointless taking 3 right backs

People living in absolute fantasy land thinking he’s been our best player or better than Robertson as well.  Robertson hasn’t been as good as usual but he’s been light years away from Trent.  Trent has recently played well against Wolves and Leipzig which I’m guessing is frying peoples brains.

They play 3 at the back lately don't they? 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They play 3 at the back lately don't they? 

To be honest I thought he’d fucked it off because  they kept playing shite and/or getting beat playing it.  I don’t think I watched one England game last year Andover just looked it up they’ve played 3 at the back most games.  I’m wrong about it being stupid taking 3 right backs as well.  That’s exactly what he’s done in James, Trippier and Walker although I know he plays Walker at centre back some times which is hilarious enough in itself.