You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That's speculation. It's got nothing to do with whether you deny long term effects of Covid or not, if the energy levels were much lower, why are they playing so much?

Would be reckless behaviour from the club in that case. 

It's still fully unknown by science. The club will only go with the most up to date info. They will of course be regularly testing players but they can't confirm whether or not a player who has had it will fully recover to their previous health.

Ask anyone who has had it - they are literally exhausted for weeks afterwards. It doesn't take a huge leap to suggest Trent is fucked from it. 

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/2020/08/13/covid-19-heart-issues-concern-athletes-across-sports/3344409001/

5 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

It's still fully unknown by science. The club will only go with the most up to date info. They will of course be regularly testing players but they can't confirm whether or not a player who has had it will fully recover to their previous health.

Ask anyone who has had it - they are literally exhausted for weeks afterwards. It doesn't take a huge leap to suggest Trent is fucked from it. 

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/2020/08/13/covid-19-heart-issues-concern-athletes-across-sports/3344409001/

I don't need you to tell me how serious Covid can be. I'm just not gonna do the thing where every footballer who is playing shit is doing so because they had Covid. 

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I’m not (anything close to) an athlete by any means, but I’m quite active and while some symptoms have improved since I tested positive a few weeks ago, I can’t go back to work because my heart rate spikes if I so much as think about physical activity. Literally a minute ago, sitting up on the sofa sent it to 103BPM. Now, tons of people have had this thing worse than me, over 2m have died, I’m still relatively fortunate at this point, but it’s a really disconcerting thing.

With that in mind, I have to think that if any of these players were showing obvious physical after effects that the medical staff would have pulled them out ala the Newcastle players who needed a couple of months to get over it.

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Code said:

I think he’s shite at free kicks, is it possible to find a stat over attempts compared to goals from direct free kicks outside the box?

Is this the bit where you now dig up a stat you already had in your back pocket to back up your point and prove what a tactical genius you are?

• 1 month later...