You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

15 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

He's really struggled this season. I do wonder if Covid has more of a negative effect on some players?

Yup what ever the reason is we can’t afford to keep playing him when he’s like this. Give Neco a run. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

He's really struggled this season. I do wonder if Covid has more of a negative effect on some players?

Could be. Though he was just getting back to form before he injured his calf. After he came back from that he’s been shocking.

Something isn’t right, I’m guessing he’s playing with some sort of injury or fitness issue.

I’ve said it before but teams target him for a reason. He’s our weak link at the back and now we’re on a  run of awful form he’s looking worse.

Had the misfortune to see the villa goals again in the 7-2 the other day and every goal in the 2nd half seemed to come past him.

I still can’t get my head round what he was trying to do for there goal tonight. Absolutely insane. 

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

I’ve said it before but teams target him for a reason. He’s our weak link at the back and now we’re on a  run of awful form he’s looking worse.

Had the misfortune to see the villa goals again in the 7-2 the other day and every goal in the 2nd half seemed to come past him.

I still can’t get my head round what he was trying to do for there goal tonight. Absolutely insane. 

Their goal was truely bizarre. A series of mistakes. Henderson plays a very weak pass to Trent, which gives Soton more time to compress the space around Trent. Trent then casually gives it away, he should’ve done better despite the poor pass from Henderson. Then the ref gives them a soft free kick. Henderson follows up by dropping deep and fucking up the offside trap, and Trent completes the mess by failing to make a fairly basic clearance.

Four mistakes there, by two players. No wonder Klopp was talking about ‘being ready’ in his post match interview.

• Upvote 1

Gave the ball away 38 times. More than any other Premier league player. If he's not injured he needs a boot up the arse. No player should feel like they're established after this run. He needs to knock his blase swagger on the head and remember he has to earn it every game. Even his best attribute as a player has been below par mostly this season and his decision making piss poor. The decision making being poor seems to be team wide. Its weird. I dont see his career staying at right back hes a fairly poor defender that needs Henderson to do half the horse work.

This is the first time he's had to deal with a spell of adversity pretty much since his first-team debut in 2017. He's been on an upward curve ever since, in a team that has been winning roughly three quarters of their games, competing for (and winning) league titles and European Cups.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

This is the first time he's had to deal with a spell of adversity pretty much since his first-team debut in 2017. He's been on an upward curve ever since, in a team that has been winning roughly three quarters of their games, competing for (and winning) league titles and European Cups.

Yep, young player going through his first tough patch of his career. Nothing really to panic about in the grand scheme of things.

11 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Their goal was truely bizarre. A series of mistakes. Henderson plays a very weak pass to Trent, which gives Soton more time to compress the space around Trent. Trent then casually gives it away, he should’ve done better despite the poor pass from Henderson. Then the ref gives them a soft free kick. Henderson follows up by dropping deep and fucking up the offside trap, and Trent completes the mess by failing to make a fairly basic clearance.

Four mistakes there, by two players. No wonder Klopp was talking about ‘being ready’ in his post match interview.

Wasn't sure if Tyler was joking when he kept going on about brilliant delivery and training ground perfection. The original ball was two foot over the intended recipients head straight to TAA and Ings would have been offside if Hendo had been in line with everybody else. Not sure if Danny was going for goal either.

7 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

I’d rather Milner play there tbh. Maybe even Ox.

The milner who can't run and came on last night & someone managed to be even worse than Trent?

Oxocibe is worth a try cause he's useless anywhere else and it's the only position he's ever shown consistent performance in.  Albeit a long time ago and as a right wing back. 

Even with a full fit squad there's no alternative.  Gomez is horrid there and Neco is nowhere near ready.