You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

45 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

It isn't nonsense. Watch him try and control a football. He slows everything down. Whereas with Trent and to a lesser extent Milner the ball is played first time whether thats a cross or a pass back inside. 

He’s played for us for years mate and I watched nearly every game.  He’s better defensively than offensively obviously but that doesn’t mean he’s bad going forward. Some laughable shite about the way he controls the ball is ridiculous  The comparison with Trent is even funnier.  As if Trent only hits first time passes and Clyne has never done it.  He came in stone cold against United and was good.  If he was playing every week I’d have no doubt he’d be better.

Trent being absolute garbage for months on end seems to have passed you by as well.

• Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, The Guest said:

He’s played for us for years mate and I watched nearly every game.  He’s better defensively than offensively obviously but that doesn’t mean he’s bad going forward. Some laughable shite about the way he controls the ball is ridiculous  The comparison with Trent is even funnier.  As if Trent only hits first time passes and Clyne has never done it.  He came in stone cold against United and was good.  If he was playing every week I’d have no doubt he’d be better.

Trent being absolute garbage for months on end seems to have passed you by as well.

And also Klopp and probably the rest of our fanbase as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Grinch said:

We’ve needed a right back for ages.  Every single option there other than TAA is below par.

Trent is top class. For the next 10 years we will have to make do with versatile back ups because nobody will replace him or sign to be as unused as Moreno is.

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

Absolutely comical decision letting Clyne go.  There’s just no justifying it.

The over-the-top moaning about Clyne leaving, given this injury, is mystifying.

Let's be a bit generous and say that Trent is a solid 8/10 as a right back. Fair enough? So behind him we had:

1. Fabinho - 8.5/10. Obviously doesn't play here for us but let's not forget that he is the first choice right back for Brasil. Excellent player, can cover here if needed.

2. Milner - 7.5/10. Perfectly capable backup, probably a better right back than Clyne, though it's arguable.

3. Clyne - 7/10. Does everything just OK, not great, but consistently solid. Good squad option.

4. Gomez - 7/10. Every bit as good as Clyne as a right back. Obviously a bit more solid in defense than in attack but a perfectly serviceable option who will be back in a week or two.

5. Henderson - 6/10. Unlikely to be called upon to play here but could do a job for a game or two if we got into real trouble.

6. Camacho - 4.5/10. Still not ready, should only play here in case of emergency.

So, looking at that, does it still seem absolutely insane to let Clyne go out on loan? He's our fourth-best right back, doesn't really cover any other positions, and while some of the players who are better than him primarily play elsewhere it's hardly the end of the world to have them cover right back for a game or two.

We're probably talking 4-5 games if Trent's recovery tends towards the slower side of the scale. We can certainly survive with, say, Fabinho playing there once, followed by Milner, followed by Gomez for two games, and then Camacho if needed can get a game in there as well. I mean, it's better to just have TAA, but losing him right after Clyne left on loan is hardly a crippling blow.

48 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’ll thank you not to share news which flies in the face of my blatant agenda, Anubis.  

I methodically set up my ability to say I told you so in advance of this injury and events were proceeding just as I had foreseen them.

Personally I think he’s a better right back than Trent currently is never mind anyone else you’ve mentioned.  I don’t want Fabinho wasted at right back and I don’t want Gomez wasted there either.  They’re good enough to start every game in their position when fit and will be needed there.

Klopp is investing in Trent.  He’s playing him now with his downsides with the hope/knowledge that he becomes a top footballer.  I can understand that.  It’s important to the club in the long term that young players make it here and when they’re local it adds to the fact you hope they will never leave and become a leader/captain.  In this specific moment in time it is not the time to be playing him through periods of shit performances.  We are going for the league in possibly the most competitive season there’s ever been between the top 2 clubs.  Everyone burying their heads in the sand every time he makes a mistake doesn’t change the fact it’s happening regularly.

Ignoring all of the Trent performance level points he’s now injured anyway and people are trying to justify letting him go because we can shift some of our other players around to cover for him.  It’s a fucking daft decision that shouldn’t have happened.  The reason it’s happened is because of how much Klopp has shut him out.  The Man Utd game should have been an eye opener.  He came in and shown he was more than good enough to be starting.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, aws said:

Not much point bemoaning Clyne's loan. There's clearly been some issue going on behind the scenes for more than a year and It looks like Jurgen has taken the first chance he could to move him on. 

Put in the shop window for the first time in eons on 12/16  --- out two weeks later

51 minutes ago, No2 said:

Trent is top class. For the next 10 years we will have to make do with versatile back ups because nobody will replace him or sign to be as unused as Moreno is.

We must be the only big club in the world who can’t sign more than one good player per position.

I was impressed by the performance of Camacho v Wolves,but moving on Clyne and selling Raggy in the summer has really left us short of cover. Klopp has done wonders with our squad so it would be tragic if he was left short handed on the run in when he has put us where we are again. Really would love a couple of signings in this transfer window.

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Are you and Mr Pink the same ultra negative person who will still say we are shit even if we win the league?

Nah I’m just not going to pretend a kid that looked way out of his depth is an option yet.

im guessing he’s going to be last resort anyway and we’ll play a few midfielders or centre back there before him.  Which tells you we need to sign a fucking right back, something that’s been glaringly obvious for a while.

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

It hasn't passed me by. There is a reason why he did't come back into the team. And there is a reason why we have been a better team since he stopped playing for us. The amount of goals we have scored from the full backs pushing up and whipping balls in since Trent and Robertson. He's not an attacking full back. That's why he doesn't play. Everyone agrees with this bar you seemingly.