You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

More impressed with him in the return leg than the home leg. He was tremendous in the first leg, but the whole team played well. We started nervously and gave up an early goal in the return; the midfield got overran, Gini and Ox looked completely overwhelmed, not TAA. 

The boy had grown a couple folds in statue, methink. 

At 19 he’s already a leader, it’s very impressive he also takes more responsibility than other more experienced players like Henderson and Lovren. I said in the match thread that the sneaky shit he was doing was fantastic and helped to slow the flow of the game and helped us take more control, that flat ball shit was genius, when the ref pushed it together it didn’t even look flat to me!

I think he should stay as and develop as a right back instead of being moved into Centre mid, especially anytime soon. He looks a bit to scrawny to be a top Cm, he might fill out more in the future but he has all the qualities needed to be a top right back and full backs are insanely important to the modern systems Klopp, Guardiola and Pochettino use. There’s a reason Guardiola spent £50m on Kyle Walker and £50m on Mendy in the summer we have our very own for free. Walkers more of an athlete but Trent’s better than him already, Walker is shite more often than not but playing right back for Pep or Poch makes him look 10x better than he actually is, Trent’s better technically and his crossing is already world class, his positioning needs working on but that’s only to be expected because again he’s fucking 19!!

• Upvote 1

Still think he might end up as a midfielder in the long run but what a performance at right back today. His crosses are something else; even from deep he gets so much whip and bend on them that they just beg to be touched home.

Or headed home in sensational style, as the situation calls for.

Fantastic cross from deep, with the bend at the end of the flight of the ball. It’s a slightly different technique than whipping it in from wide areas. Beckham made a career from it. Great header Mo, put some on it to loop over the goalie.

TAA is doing really well. Hard to say where he will end up. Maybe he will excel right where he is. Maybe back in the day a team could accommodate a journeyman fullback, but these days, the best ones are top athletes and going for big bucks.

He’s a minimum £50M player already. Stay humble and keep working hard, and he will become something special.

• Upvote 1

Today’s Times report Trent has signed a contract extension that increased his wages to £20K a week.

Doesn’t seem a lot for a youngster of his ability, I would have thought he was worth more.

If he makes the World Cup squad and gets selected in place of Walker, I can well imagine another wage increase before next season starts.

Today’s Times report Trent has signed a contract extension that increased his wages to £20K a week.

Doesn’t seem a lot for a youngster of his ability, I would have thought he was worth more.

If he makes the World Cup squad and gets selected in place of Walker, I can well imagine another wage increase before next season starts.

Walker will play the right side of the three. His main competition for that position is Trippier.

In this day and age of players getting too much too soon it might not be such a bad thing, but I hope he's rewarded as he progresses whether that's as a squad player or by staying in at right back.

If true, then I expect it's just a holding pattern for a year. Maybe there's a pay policy at the club now for players under a certain age, which I wouldn't disagree with.

He'll get his rewards soon enough, and a hefty 'signing-on fee' to make up for lost earnings in the meantime I expect.

• 2 weeks later...

Kid got done good and proper tonight.  WE didn't give him any help eiher,  I suspect deliberatley leaving Salah up but where was the midfield cover??  This side is still so easily improved and that's the most exciting part.

He'll need more help in the final or Ronaldo would have a field day.  I'm sure we'll be much more compact