You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

I dont think a back up right back is unreasonable in the slightest. Most top clubs will have a back up without moving players out pf position all over the place.

I like that we are willing to take a chance on promising kids.  Most teams/managers would not be willing to make the investment/take the risk/deal with the inevitable consequences (when they have a bad game 'cos they're a kid, learning).

He was awful yesterday, aside from the last 10 when he was absolutely fantastic.

Our full backs were both poor.

I'd put a lot of that on the opposition playing deep and there not being space to run into, but neither contributed much at all.  Coutinho basically ignored Robinson and missed him out.

Anyway, I do have hope for this lad.

He was awful yesterday, aside from the last 10 when he was absolutely fantastic.

Our full backs were both poor.

I'd put a lot of that on the opposition playing deep and there not being space to run into, but neither contributed much at all. Coutinho basically ignored Robinson and missed him out.

Anyway, I do have hope for this lad.

TAA didn't play well yesterday, and put in a few shocking deliveries.

But worth keeping in mind that he also put in a couple of top class balls. One in the first half to the near post which a good and mobile striker would've connected to, and one from a deep position in the second half that Solanke almost connected to.

Easily forgotten when we didn't make them count, but two moments of quality that could help win you a game, and which most full backs in this league are not capable of.

Also it's a complete joke in my opinion that he's not taking all our corner kicks, as he's on a completely different level there than for example Milner.

He's a young kid, he's going to have as many poor games as great at the moment.

That isn't the issue.

The fact he's playing in front of a joke keeper and a clown at LB & CB is.

The fact he has poor back up doesn't help his cause or his confidence, That said for the sake of the team and results he needs to come out of the RB position and let Milner step in,

A kid in a key defensive position when those around him are shitting their pants is ridiculous

This should be the first decision on Klopps list tomorrow morning. the second should be a public flogging for Lovren and Klavan. 

That isn't the issue.

Spot on

If TAA is our biggest issue at the back we are laughing. Only he isnt,so we are not

That isn't the issue.

Spot on.

Plus, it's one of Klopp's traits I like the most, his balls to give the youngsters game time.

• Upvote 1

At 18 probably.  In game 10 of his career; bested by a 10 year professional, not a great surprise.

This. There was a time when we encouraged younger players. Now, it's get on their backs because they made a mistake. I mean, it's not like Jamie never made a mistake during a game despite his undoubted enthusiasm.

Would love to see flanno back to his 13 / 14 form but even then, lots had doubts about him then and unfortunately, those injuries seem to have affected both his form and confidence a bit.

I was reading Dyche's comments last night.

He said they targeted us on two weakness which were set pieces and Trent's ability in the air. I thought it was a bit of a shithouse thing to say in public but it will definitely have brought it to the attention of others who will now try to do the same. That puts him under a lot of pressure.

He said they targeted us on two weakness which were set pieces and Trent's ability in the air. I thought it was a bit of a shithouse thing to say in public but it will definitely have brought it to the attention of others who will now try to do the same. That puts him under a lot of pressure.

I hate Dyche more than Hodgson which is probably unhealthy I suppose.

Only if Klopp doesn't see sense by putting Milner in at RB

Milner isnt quick enough to play fullback. He was as slow as fuck yesterday. TAA will learn as all young players have to. He keeps his place as far as Im concerned.

He did it all last season and wasn't the worst full back we have ever had.

I would rather see him there than TAA given the quality of the CB's, They cant even wipe their own arse let alone his 

He did it all last season and wasn't the worst full back we have ever had.

I would rather see him there than TAA given the quality of the CB's, They cant even wipe their own arse let alone his 

Yeah, last season and he was caught out for pace a few times then. Each to their own but Id stick with TAA at rb in the league. For the leicester LC game, Id throw flanno in.

Yeah, last season and he was caught out for pace a few times then. Each to their own but Id stick with TAA at rb in the league. For the leicester LC game, Id throw flanno in.

TAA is costing us points,  I would rather have Flanno but think Milner is the best option until Clyne is fit

As the youngest most inexperienced player in the team, he will have been targeted by default I would have thought.

Part of becoming a premier league player methinks; it's sink or swim time.  It's not like he didn't know this was coming.  It's all part of the rite of passage that kids have to go through.