You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

I dont know about him being nervous in that game, he looked like he was a bit indecisive in some situations ie not playing the ball first time and taking a touch or two too many.

Moss was just looking for an excuse to book him when he took longer on throw ins because few teammates were making options for him and the booking he got was for a tackle numerous city players did similar and didnt get booked.

Good player, should have a nice future in the game with us. Not sure if that will be at right back, but his athleticism and crossing ability means that's where he is starting out in the first team. 

The Man City game was a chastening experience for the whole team. TAA will have learned from that. You learn less when it's easy. 

The last time Gomez played at right back he looked very good to me. Better than TAA defensively, but not as good going forward? Might have been an idea to play Gomez for that one, but it's swings and roundabouts really. When we went down to ten men we were chasing it, and as they piled on the goals in the second half we just wanted the whistle to blow so we could draw a line under this one and move on. 

You're quite right. Gomez should have started. It didn't help that he was up against top quality on the same day he was badly let down by the established shitbags masquerading as midfielders.

I agree he won't stay a full back. Give it a couple of months he could replace one of them. Couldn't do much worse.

You're quite right. Gomez should have started. It didn't help that he was up against top quality on the same day he was badly let down by the established shitbags masquerading as midfielders.

I agree he won't stay a full back. Give it a couple of months he could replace one of them. Couldn't do much worse.

It's a good shout. His future definitely lies in midfield.

I dont know about him being nervous in that game, he looked like he was a bit indecisive in some situations ie not playing the ball first time and taking a touch or two too many.

Moss was just looking for an excuse to book him when he took longer on throw ins because few teammates were making options for him and the booking he got was for a tackle numerous city players did similar and didnt get booked.

Very good going forward, excellent crossing and set pieces.

Long way to go still defensively, but that should improve with experience and coaching.

No complaints about the booking from me, as he managed to spend about half an hour taking four throw ins.

Man City targeted him.  He was left one on one with De Bruyne every time I looked up at the screen.  That was never going to end well.  What with Salah not really getting the subtleties of our defensive game yet and the midfielders busy losing their own battles, it was a long hard day for TAA.  Looked every inch the kid that he is.  Great lesson in how far he has to go to be the finished article.  At least he seems the type of player to take those lessons on board.

• Upvote 2

One of the richest clubs in the world shouldn't be relying on two kids to sink or swim at right. Arguable whether either even is a right back!

Just another position in the squad that been done cheaply.

To be fair Clyne wasn't a mickey mouse purchase and it's a bit unreasonable to expect us to have a ready made stand in. My gripe is that Klopp went for a kid and an imbecile as our two FB's.  Milner should be covering RB and why is Robertson not on the other flank ?

To be fair Clyne wasn't a mickey mouse purchase and it's a bit unreasonable to expect us to have a ready made stand in. My gripe is that Klopp went for a kid and an imbecile as our two FB's.  Milner should be covering RB and why is Robertson not on the other flank ?

Agreed. Particularly in away games. I can (just about) see a case for Moreno at Anfield against sides putting ten men behind the ball as his attacking threat might count for more than his defensive brainfarts.

Agreed. Particularly in away games. I can (just about) see a case for Moreno at Anfield against sides putting ten men behind the ball as his attacking threat might count for more than his defensive brainfarts.

True , Moron can look decent when we are piling forward but there is often a price to be paid when he gets stranded on the wrong side of the player on the break, 

To be fair Clyne wasn't a mickey mouse purchase and it's a bit unreasonable to expect us to have a ready made stand in. My gripe is that Klopp went for a kid and an imbecile as our two FB's. Milner should be covering RB and why is Robertson not on the other flank ?

I dont think a back up right back is unreasonable in the slightest. Most top clubs will have a back up without moving players out pf position all over the place.