Quantcast
Hoffenheim (A) - UCL Play-off 1st leg, 7:45pm, Tue 15/08/17 - [K]lopp's [I]ntensive [T]actical [T]emplate to hassle the Hoff? - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Trumo

Hoffenheim (A) - UCL Play-off 1st leg, 7:45pm, Tue 15/08/17 - [K]lopp's [I]ntensive [T]actical [T]emplate to hassle the Hoff?

Hoffenheim is supposedly very organised defensively, and they have a tall strong striker (Wagner) they love to feed with high balls. Also they were unbeaten at home last season. They're a good team. We have to be at our best to not bottle this up.

Genuinely think they might beat us. Well coached, play 5 at the back, counter quickly, press intelligently and were the joint best scorers from set-pieces in the Bundesliga last season. They are literally made to give us problems. 

If our front three are at the top of their game, we'll probably win, but otherwise I'm not confident. 

If our front three are at the top of their game, we'll probably win, but otherwise I'm not confident. 

This will be said for every game this season  :(

Also they were unbeaten at home last season.

That doesn't bother me and I don't think it'll bother Klopp or the squad either. Our defending is what bothers me most, but if we can beat them at home that should shake their confidence seeing as they're not used to it, then they'll find themselves at Anfield.

If we get through though and then find ourselves in the CL group stage and without any new additions to our defence, well we know what that could turn out like. I don't see how our current defence is ready for the CL at all.

Not sure I'd risk Karius for this. He's still nervier than Mig, and that's saying something.

I want to see Grujic, he wins headers and he's got testicles, two things (well, three if you want to be pedantic) that we need.

• Upvote 2

No Coutinho in the squad. He's gone for sure.

And obviously Sturridges little knock is one of his 3 month ones.

Piss poor squad.

'Sturridge will be involved for Hoffenheim'.....did anybody believe that!

Alexander-Arnold, Moreno, Lovren, Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Can, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Kent, Solanke, Origi, Gomez, Klavan, Flanagan, Robertson, Matip, Grujic, Mignolet, Karius, Ward

Alexander-Arnold, Moreno, Lovren, Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Can, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Kent, Solanke, Origi, Gomez, Klavan, Flanagan, Robertson, Matip, Grujic, Mignolet, Karius, Ward

Even allowing for injuries it is criminal that our club of our standing and wealth has to name a squad like that for a Champions League qualifier.

A damning reflection on the clubs transfer policy and recruitment strategy.

• Upvote 3

Imagine going into your champions league campaign with that lot. Great forward planning.

We are Mane/Salah injuries away from last January levels of shite.