You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hoffenheim (A) - UCL Play-off 1st leg, 7:45pm, Tue 15/08/17 - [K]lopp's [I]ntensive [T]actical [T]emplate to hassle the Hoff?

Trumo

The shit pun fest is making its debut on foreign shores.

I'm not sure what our opponents are like with set pieces but regardless, we really need to start tightening up on that aspect. At the other end, the midfield need to do better to take control of the game early on and help us get the first leg platform we need.

Over to you.

• Upvote 4

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.

I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

I hope I can make it across the border.

I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand.

I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope we get beat.

• Upvote 7

They are a good side but not sure how they have reacted to the loss of one or two players,including their captain. Their manager is ridiculously young at 28/29 and has made them difficult to beat. They have much lower expectations which makes them even more dangerous for us. A harder game than most CL group games.

We'll score an away goal but we're likely to concede both away and at home so we're gonna need everyone available up front including the wantaway little shite. 

I honestly can't see where our next clean sheet is likely to come from. Oh for the days of Sami and Stephane when you knew we could just shut a game down when we needed to.

• Upvote 1

Well I was quietly confident about these 2 games based on our pre season form but after that shitfest at watford, Im not now.

I just hope its a wake up call to the players but I'll wait until the game before I can say hope turns into realisation.

We'll win 2-1. Hoffenheim are a decent enough team but this is new ground for them as a club and for most of their players.

Who have they got who hasn't scored for years or has something like 1 in 300 games.

Looking for a first goalscorer bet!

Guest Pistonbroke

Who have they got who hasn't scored for years or has something like 1 in 300 games.

Looking for a first goalscorer bet!

Bet on their goalkeeper to score then......

Play like we did on Saturday and we'll get beat. In both legs. The defence needs to sort itself out if we plan on making it to the CL proper.

I'd be more worried about how our paper thin squad handles a 3rd game in 7 days at home to our bogey team Palace.