You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A few thoughts from the match: Watford 3 Liverpool 3

tlw content

1. Same old, same old. 

2. Same shit, different season. 

3. Groundhog Day. 

4. Elaborate, you say? Really? OK: 

a. We are an absolute shambles defensively. This shit needs drilling and drilling and drilling some more until the players can't stand the sight of either Klopp or Melwood. And then he should drill them again. As a group, they are utterly pathetic when it comes to defending; embarrassing even. 

b. There is no doubt in my mind that for the open style of football we play a very dominant, pacy, organising centre half would help a great deal and that we should be prepared to pay through the nose for him (Virgil van Dijk you say?). And if you throw a fast, aggressive, box to box midfielder (Naby Keita anyone?) in front of him, no doubt that'd help too. However, even with such players in place, I refer you back to point 4a. 

c. Everyone knows we have these issues and everyone exploits them. Over to you Jurgen because you're in your third season and this shit isn't looking any better. Yes, you're all-in on signing top class solutions, but this is far from just a player issue as I'm in danger of over-emphasising now. 

d. And while I'm on about Klopp and defensive errors, who the hell makes unforced changes in their back four when closing out a game in injury time? It was asking for a trouble, me and every single one of the TLW boys in our whatsapp group called it as it happened and sure as shit, we conceded. Was it down to Gomez? No. But the last thing you do is give a wobbly back four something new to think about at the death of a game when you're holding on for three points. 

e. The lack of a controlling/creative midfielder was glaring too - especially in the first half. 

f. Origi: what's the point? The lad has all the tools in his locker to be a grocked-out Thierry Henry, but he's anything but. Did he even touch the ball more than twice after coming on? Pitiful - and that's exactly the same as he was all last season. 

5. Got to find some positives now: 

a. Can Trent take all our set pieces now please? The lad has a boss cross on him from open play, but also whipped in good free kicks and corners today too. 

b. Sadio Mané is sensational. He basically just decided he was fed up losing, grabbed hold of the ball and orchestrated and then finished the first goal. What a talent - and what a character too. More like him please, LFC transfer spreadsheet nerds. 

c. Mo Salah started pretty anonymously and then found his groove after his goal and proceeded to show he's going to be a serious asset for us. Nice. 

d. *Grits teeth* Albert The Moron wasn't a liability. 

6. Before kick off, I was sympathetic towards the club's position regarding Coutinho, VVD and Keita; now I just think there's a reason shit doesn't go our way. It's because we're shit. 

7. That doesn't change the fact that we still need to do some serious business in what remains of this window and also put Coutinho and Kia Joo-whatsit back in their boxes. A genuine title challenge is the minimum expectation this season, but this lot won't be enough; nowhere near, in fact. 

8. Klopp needs to step up because he has a world class reputation and a world class salary, but starting season three with exactly the same problems he inherited from Brendan Rodgers is pretty far from world class. 

9. I'm hoping to be more measured by the Palace game, but it's not been the best of weeks has it?

Paul Natton

@OxtonSoulBoy

Click here to view the article
  • Upvote 8

Dont blame agents.

If I had an agent and he told me I could earn three times my salary at this place and here is an written offer from them. Sign here.

I'd be gone

Start winning stuff and they wont fuck off, they will be knocking on our door.  ++

How can this league, as is claimed, be the summit of European Football but everyone cannot wait to fuck of to Real, Barca. Bullshit. It's about wages.

Can't disagree with any of that, we're shit. Last season was actually us performing with the current personnel at our peak.

Klopp's a quality manager but it could also be true that he happened to become manager at Dortmund when they went through a period of discovering and recruiting season after season of top flight players. Where would Ferguson have ended up without that generation of talent coming through at just the right time?

That's not to denigrate him in any way, he played a significant part in that (with Zorc) and built the side that challenged Bayern's dominance for several year's.  However we've assumed that by bringing him in here he'll be able to reproduce that without actually recruiting the necessary quality.

I've no idea if he's playing a straight bat on behalf of FSG (and understandably protecting his position and squad) or if he genuinely believes that he can coach an at best average squad to the level's of our rival's who are spending ten's or in certain cases hundred's of millions? Leicester were an outlier and not the norm.

We're now approaching the conclusion of the fourth transfer window where we've failed to invest. One or our most important assets might be about to depart and another is stalling on a contract with a year to go. We've landed only one of our summer target's and despite the 'shite' on show there are apparently only two player's in world football who can improve us at the moment. Both are under long contract's with club's who don't want to sell.

Beyond all that, two year's in, we don't appear to be able to remotely organise defensively. As much as I like him, Klopp's increasingly reminding me of modern day interpretation of Keegan during his managerial pomp. I'd suggest that at the very least for Klopp's methods to work we need a significant upgrade in quality across most of our first team and wider squad.

My only consolation at the moment is that  we appear to be developing a gifted generation of younger player's who 'might' break through over the next two or three seasons, assuming that is that they don't conclude we're a stepping stone to greater things?

Apologies, 'whinge' over.

• Upvote 3

Dont blame agents.

If I had an agent and he told me I could earn three times my salary at this place and here is an written offer from them. Sign here.

I'd be gone

Start winning stuff and they wont fuck off, they will be knocking on our door. ++

How can this league, as is claimed, be the summit of European Football but everyone cannot wait to fuck of to Real, Barca. Bullshit. It's about wages.

Coutinho is doing exactly what our mingebag cunt owners want transfer targets to do.

Don't blame Coutinho, blame the incompetent pricks in charge who don't give a shite about footballing success.

• Upvote 7

I agree in the general what you are saying, but 5d, you're well a bad spaz for even thinking that, let alone typing that. 

The lads a liability, because, like today, the opposition, as well as managers from the Zingara to the Namibian national Thursday league, see him as a liability.

Everything failed down our left, all the goals come from down are left, including the carbon copy 1st and 3rd near post corners(the root causing being the knobhead decision to bring Gomez on who gave a stupid free-kick away).

And also how that shitehawk, bang average slaphead No 7 that did a job on him today, was told to and it was easy cos, A - of Moreno and B - because of the lack of cover he got.

Granted, the formation and tactics allow us to be pressured in our full back positions, but why not target an in-experienced 18 year old only making his what? 3 rd 4th start in the prem? They didn't. because they knew what our weak area was.

Add to that, the 'tragic trident' that masqueraded as defencive cover for the best part of an hour of - Can't, Big Foot and Du-du-du-fucking useless winjaldumfucker,  and you have a weak link compounded by a sluggish at best, mid-field.

4 d, was such a fucking mind fuck of a decision, it smacked at sunday league managerial thought process - "I know, I'll waste time, fuck balance, I'll waste time"

Lovren wasn't that bad. If the truth be known. But what is worrying is that people will think that VVD will have some sort of magic wand which will make us, as a unit, defend better.

No, not on your nelly. Some cunt wants gobbing for the lack of will to not concede in this back four.

I also blame this press shit, not because we can't press, we love it, but when someone does it to us, christ, we're like a gang of nuns in a nunnery just after John Holmes walked in, weak at the knees and scared to look at anything int the eye. Fucking spineless and shy. 

Fucking shitehawk cunts the lot of them. Bar TAA, who at least can take a fuckin corner. 

So glad the season is back.