You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

One Of Our Own (Robslappa)

Dougie Do'ins

How's robslappa doing?

It wouldn't be right for me to try to answer this. Rob lurks a lot on her so I've no doubt he'll see this and he may want to answer himself but it'd be understandable if he doesn't. 

It's just passed the 3rd anniversary of Yasmine's death and I know he and his wife took a lot from the messages of support from people.

• Upvote 1

I just wanted to thank everyone that's donated to Mick's page and also to thank Mick for raising money on our behalf.  It's some bike ride he's taking on.  

I also wanted to let everyone know what we do as a charity and why we set it up.  We got our registered status from the Charity Commission 11 months ago and then set about raising some money so we could start helping families.  What we realised when we lost Jasmine is that access to support in many instances is limited, particularly for children.  You often have to wait 6 months or so before seeing a counsellor and that support groups for parents, grandparents and siblings weren't there at all.  

Since the turn of the year, we've got two parents support groups meeting once a month, one for parents who have lost a child between the ages of 6 weeks and 16 years, and the other for those who have lost an adult child.  We also run two sibling groups for children aged between 4 and 11 years and we have 20 kids on these groups. We also provide complimentary therapies for families as well as acting as a signposting service to other organisations.

We're also now providing practical help to families.  We've recently paid for some school uniforms and paid for a nursery place/holiday club place so that a Mum can have some respite as she's on her own dealing with the loss of a child as well as trying to bring up her other children.

The fundraising that Mick and others have done for us goes a long way, so thank you, we really appreciate it

• Upvote 5

Guest Pistonbroke

Just tried to donate a tenner but the page you have created doesn't accept paypal payments and I've never seen the need to have a credit card. If Cath is willing to help I could send her the money via PP and she can pass it onto you? 

Just tried to donate a tenner but the page you have created doesn't accept paypal payments and I've never seen the need to have a credit card. If Cath is willing to help I could send her the money via PP and she can pass it onto you?

Just seen this. Happy to help, Gordon

Another day out the way.

https://connect.garm...re_unique_id=68

Best day yet. Still tough but stuck mainly to the A5.

https://connect.garm...re_unique_id=73

Stopped at a garage for some air in my tyre and Bernie the lady owner asked about the charity. Told her the story and she kindly donated £20.

Made my day. Nothing like the milk of human kindness.

• Upvote 2