You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Putney Bridge Pusher

Bjornebye

Seems like he saw her late. She obviously didn't see him either as she made no attempt to get out of his way.

He should have stopped after the collision, sure. I doubt that he went out that day with the intent of pushing someone into the gutter.

Most likely to be charged with assault. Unless he turns out to be a wanted international assassin trying to fulfill a contract, you'd be hard pressed to say he intended to kill her or cause GBH.

What I find a bit odd about it is that if you watch the video slowly, you can see where she is walking in relation to the shadow and the sunny part of the pavement. She definitely appears to move to her left to give him more room, and he still veers into her and pushes her. It appears to be quite deliberate.

I wonder if there's something else at play - racism, a previous near run in if they both regularly use the bridge, etc.

Seems like he saw her late. She obviously didn't see him either as she made no attempt to get out of his way.

He should have stopped after the collision, sure. I doubt that he went out that day with the intent of pushing someone into the gutter.

She makes no attempt because he could just run past her. He is actively pushing her when next to her.

Why are you making utterly baseless assumptions about his state of mind? 

Most likely to be charged with assault. Unless he turns out to be a wanted international assassin trying to fulfill a contract, you'd be hard pressed to say he intended to kill her or cause GBH.

What I find a bit odd about it is that if you watch the video slowly, you can see where she is walking in relation to the shadow and the sunny part of the pavement. She definitely appears to move to her left to give him more room, and he still veers into her and pushes her. It appears to be quite deliberate.

I wonder if there's something else at play - racism, a previous near run in if they both regularly use the bridge, etc.

This. 

Looks to me like a culmination of latent frustration.  This chap goes out on his daily jogs and is becoming more and more aggrieved that people aren't giving him a bit of room.  On the day of the push he thought "fuck this" and gave some back.

She makes no attempt because he could just run past her. He is actively pushing her when next to her.

Yep, his arms clearly go across his torso to reach out and push her. It's clearly a deliberate push. But, as usual, you get people holding a conflicting view just for the sake of it.

I don't think he knew the bus was there or deliberately tried to push her under it though. Anubis is right. Common assault or a section 47 offence, tops, depending on if she has any injuries or not.

Looks to me like a culmination of latent frustration. This chap goes out on his daily jogs and is becoming more and more aggrieved that people aren't giving him a bit of room. On the day of the push he thought "fuck this" and gave some back.

Even worse really as he ignored the bloke and pushes the woman!

Apparently, he actually ran back onto the other side of the bridge heading back the way he came, and ignored her when she shouted to him.

Yep, his arms clearly go across his torso to reach out and push her. It's clearly a deliberate push. But, as usual, you get people holding a conflicting view just for the sake of it.

I don't think he knew the bus was there or deliberately tried to push her under it though. Anubis is right. Common assault or a section 47 offence, tops, depending on if she has any injuries or not.

Reports described her having minor injuries.

Even worse really as he ignored the bloke and pushes the woman!

Apparently, he actually ran back onto the other side of the bridge heading back the way he came, and ignored her when she shouted to him.

The shadow provides a useful point of reference.  Watching it again, the bloke he passes is on the left of the dividing line (the lighter part of the pavement), whereas when he is approaching the woman she is firmly on the shadow side and within his path. 

I think it's a case of the straw breaking the camel's back and he just thought "fuck this, get out of my way for once".  

She is not within his path mate, he moves a bit towards her on the last few meters, she moves a bit away towards the edge of the shadow. But he wouldn't have barged her over. He clearly pushes her from the side.

She is at first, but then makes a movement to her left.  By that time I think he's made up his mind.  She's certainly closer to him than the bloke he passes. 

I'm not excusing it, by the way, just rationalising what was going through his head.

Too many people in London! 

People can read you know.

Not sure someone failing to look where he's running is quite the same as deliberately kicking people down a flight of stairs.

Textbook excusing.

I accept your apology.

Dismissing the baseless claim that this was a premeditated act is not making excuses for someone failing to stop after an accident. He should have stopped.

While I acknowledge that this entire thread is predicated upon seeing things that aren't there, I would appreciate if you kept the slanders exclusively aimed at the jogger.

Dismissing the baseless claim that this was a premeditated act is not making excuses for someone failing to stop after an accident. He should have stopped.

While I acknowledge that this entire thread is predicated upon seeing things that aren't there, I would appreciate if you kept the slanders exclusively aimed at the jogger.

Bollix 

No need to lie, thanks.

I have clearly demonstrated that you made excuses for the jogger, which was the original claim. This is 100% documented above.

No need to lie, thanks.

I have clearly demonstrated that you made excuses for the jogger, which was the original claim. This is 100% documented above.

Explaining what has clearly happened does not constitute making excuses for anything.

I already said it was inexcusable not to stop after the collision, so that's that really.

She is at first, but then makes a movement to her left.  By that time I think he's made up his mind.  She's certainly closer to him than the bloke he passes. 

I'm not excusing it, by the way, just rationalising what was going through his head.

Too many people in London! 

There was hardly another soul around him. 

He shouldn't be hard to identify from that picture

Explaining what has clearly happened does not constitute making excuses for anything.

I already said it was inexcusable not to stop after the collision, so that's that really.

You must have watched a completely different video. 

• Upvote 1