Quantcast
Watford (A) - 12:30pm, Sat 12/08/17 - The goals that ripped the Hornets' net. - Page 42 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Trumo

Watford (A) - 12:30pm, Sat 12/08/17 - The goals that ripped the Hornets' net.

I will go out on a limb and say Gomez is shite. He showed promise in his early days at left back under Rodgers but every appearance since his comeback I think he's nowhere near the level needed. I also have called out Flanagan and Kevin Stewart for not being good enough early on. I hope I am proved wrong,but...

That's not really that big a call though is it? Most of the time, the youth we bring in aren't top quality. Sterling and Coutinho were exceptions.

The scorer of the second wasnt offside but the lump in the middle who attempted to play the ball and missed it, was offside when the ball was played wide and is then deemed offside because he made an attempt to play the ball. That's the offside rule since 2 seasons ago.

I thought the player needer to touch the ball to be deemed offside,or impede the defending team from being able to stop the shot or pass normally?

Noticed we dropped the zonal marking as soon as we came out in the second half.

Pity we didnt do that when we came out for the first half then.

Henderson is not a great captain. Nobody respects him out there. Useless at  dictating when to change strategies. A proper leader out there would have told the players to get stuck in more in the first half and screamed at them to organise set pieces. His best year came as a hard-running attack dog midfielder with more creative players in front of him and behind him. He hasn't got what it takes to be a defensive mid, creative passer and leader.