You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (A) - 12:30pm, Sat 12/08/17 - The goals that ripped the Hornets' net.

Trumo

He picks these players though. If he didn't rate Mignolet he would pick Karius instead and he wouldn't have given him a contract extension. Looks at the things he says about Mignolet; he's happy with him.

Look at Lovren too; another contract extension. Moreno he was going to sell but he's seemingly changed his mind after pre-season.

Anyone putting all of these footballing decisions on FSG is quite frankly weird.

It's much weirder to think he's handing out very long contract extentions to players he's trying to replace (cheaply) months later.

That doesn't make sense at all, none of it does but it is easier to blame the manager than the owners, since there's a good hope for change.  Only problem is you'll be asking for the same two years down the line.

It's much weirder to think he's handing out very long contract extentions to players he's trying to replace (cheaply) months later.

That doesn't make sense at all, none of it does but it is easier to blame the manager than the owners, since there's a good hope for change. Only problem is you'll be asking for the same two years down the line.

Who has he given a contract extension to and then tried to sell?

I'm not aware of us looking to sell Mignolet at all. We signed Karius with a view to him being number 1 but that experiment didn't last long at all.

Are you suggesting Klopp didn't want him to get the contract extension?

So you seriously think he's handing out long contract extensions and then signing a younger (cheap) player to replace him months later?

Klopp has fuck all to do with contracts and judging on yesterday's comments, little say on in and outs as well.

So you seriously think he's handing out long contract extensions and then signing a younger (cheap) player to replace him months later?

Klopp has fuck all to do with contracts and judging on yesterday's comments, little say on in and outs as well.

Contracts are just as much about protecting sale value as they are about faith in a player. Of course he tried to replace Mignolet and there can be little doubt that Karius was someone he wanted.

So therefore I can only question his judgement there because Karius is woeful.

With regards to FSG, i'd be happy if they sold up tomorrow.

He picks these players though. If he didn't rate Mignolet he would pick Karius instead and he wouldn't have given him a contract extension. Looks at the things he says about Mignolet; he's happy with him.

Look at Lovren too; another contract extension. Moreno he was going to sell but he's seemingly changed his mind after pre-season.

Anyone putting all of these footballing decisions on FSG is quite frankly weird.

Klopp said it. 

“I can say something that is maybe a more important thing. As a manager of a football club I have bosses, and if bosses decide, for example, just in general, to sell a player or we don’t sell him, then I have to accept it. "

Klopp said it.

“I can say something that is maybe a more important thing. As a manager of a football club I have bosses, and if bosses decide, for example, just in general, to sell a player or we don’t sell him, then I have to accept it. "

When an offer comes in he may be over-ruled, yes. That's nothing new, it happened to Rodgers too. I don't like it at all. I also don't like our transfer business in terms of purchases. I'd be happy for FSG to sell up and fuck off tomorrow.

I also don't like the fact that we are still shite defensively nearly 2 years on and I don't think it's just down to personnel.

When an offer comes in he may be over-ruled, yes. That's nothing new, it happened to Rodgers too. I don't like it at all. I also don't like our transfer business in terms of purchases. I'd be happy for FSG to sell up and fuck off tomorrow.

I also don't like the fact that we are still shite defensively nearly 2 years on and I don't think it's just down to personnel.

I don't think anyone is saying FSG being shit owners is a new phenomenon.

Looking for positives from yesterday the attacking quality of TAA comes pretty high on the list. The lad can actually put a god cross in, both from open play and set pieces.

His corners yesterday was miles better than the shit we've normally seen over the last 20, 30 or 40 years.

His crossing in general is really encouraging. I can't see him staying at RB long term.

Why did he take off TAA during the game of his life for Gomez who's hardly kicked a ball in 12 months? Gave away a soft free kick leading to the goal

I will go out on a limb and say Gomez is shite. He showed promise in his early days at left back under Rodgers but every appearance since his comeback I think he's nowhere near the level needed. I also have called out Flanagan and Kevin Stewart for not being good enough early on. I hope I am proved wrong,but...

I will go out on a limb and say Gomez is shite. He showed promise in his early days at left back under Rodgers but every appearance since his comeback I think he's nowhere near the level needed. I also have called out Flanagan and Kevin Stewart for not being good enough early on. I hope I am proved wrong,but...

Gomez has fallen back in his development due to his injury problems....he should really go out on loan somewhere get some first team and top level experience (of which he has virtually none) and then lets see how he gets on see if there is potential.

Sadly due to our paper thin squad it looks like he is going to learn on the job for us - not ideal at all IMO.

Guest Pistonbroke

Thought we played poor overall, we still could have won the game though. Two of their goals were offside with their 3rd and equalising one fucking obvious. The Cunt was stood on the line with Mingolet, the ball had to go forward to get near him so an easy decision for a well placed official imo.

Another thing, when the ball came in it was slightly behind him but Mingolet stuck his arm out and it flew up and hit the bar before landing perfectly for the cunt to nod it in. If it misses/or Mingolet's arm isn't there that ball probably just flies across the goal and on towards the corner flag.

That midfield three of Can, Gini and Henderson was eye aids.

The scorer of the second wasnt offside but the lump in the middle who attempted to play the ball and missed it, was offside when the ball was played wide and is then deemed offside because he made an attempt to play the ball. That's the offside rule since 2 seasons ago.

Thought we played poor overall, we still could have won the game though. Two of their goals were offside with their 3rd and equalising one fucking obvious. The Cunt was stood on the line with Mingolet, the ball had to go forward to get near him so an easy decision for a well placed official imo.

Another thing, when the ball came in it was slightly behind him but Mingolet stuck his arm out and it flew up and hit the bar before landing perfectly for the cunt to nod it in. If it misses/or Mingolet's arm isn't there that ball probably just flies across the goal and on towards the corner flag.

That midfield three of Can, Gini and Henderson was eye aids.

giphy.gif

That's not really that big a call though is it? Most of the time, the youth we bring in aren't top quality. Sterling and Coutinho were exceptions.