You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Athletics Championships 2017.

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

C'mon Barshim!

They cynic in me wants him to fail, for no other reason than the plastic fans who have finally turned up. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Jairzinho said:

Ha, not his fault that. 

Doubt he ever thought he'd get the chance to win gold in his own country. 

True. Just pissed off that the stadium is finally full. Most have been let in for free by all accounts. Barshim favourite now after clearing first attempt at 2.37 and the rest having a fail. . 

59 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

True. Just pissed off that the stadium is finally full. Most have been let in for free by all accounts. Barshim favourite now after clearing first attempt at 2.37 and the rest having a fail. . 

What an incredible jump that was, he took off so early and just seemed to float over the bar, deserved the gold for that jump!

Guest Pistonbroke
3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

What an incredible jump that was, he took off so early and just seemed to float over the bar, deserved the gold for that jump!

The home crowd affect. 

Guest Pistonbroke

The wankathon over Laura Muir ended in heartache again. She's never gonna win a major medal unless she starts to get her tactics right in the finals. Wasted far too much energy in the middle part of that race. 

25 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

on what exactly?

The BBC put on a glitzy montage where they basically washed over all the controversy over the crowds and lack of enthusiasm by saying the actual performances were incredible, which they were to be fair. Steve Cram was on the couch and continued in the same vein, but when it got to Johnson, he was having absolutely none of it.

"Look everyone knows these championships have been a disaster, especially the athletes. The athletes have been incredible but they always bring it but that doesn't change the fact this has not worked out at all."

I'm paraphrasing because it was a couple of hours ago and I've had five glasses of wine since, but that was the general gist of it.

Guest Pistonbroke
21 minutes ago, Em City said:

The BBC put on a glitzy montage where they basically washed over all the controversy over the crowds and lack of enthusiasm by saying the actual performances were incredible, which they were to be fair. Steve Cram was on the couch and continued in the same vein, but when it got to Johnson, he was having absolutely none of it.

"Look everyone knows these championships have been a disaster, especially the athletes. The athletes have been incredible but they always bring it but that doesn't change the fact this has not worked out at all."

I'm paraphrasing because it was a couple of hours ago and I've had five glasses of wine since, but that was the general gist of it.

Shocked that Cram was licking his masters arse, I fucking hate Cram, talks a load of bollocks and just comes over as a twat. MJ is ace, as is Gabby Logan. 

The GB ladies dragged the GB team into a respectable championship performance this time, because the men under performed big style.