You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Athletics Championships 2017.

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Fucking hell, Aussie girl has just snatched the Gold in the Javelin from the 2 Chinese athletes in the last round, great throw, personal best too!

Yeah, she was literally shocked herself, just couldn't stop smiling. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Gemili run out of the medals in the 200 final now. Cram, 'Spare a thought for him.....' No, coming fourth all the time is down to bottle, I'm sure he has the speed and style, so why the fuck should we feel sorry for him. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Em City said:

Because he's been fourth in two of the most prestigious races in global athletics and was leading that one with 40 metres to go only to finish outside the medals.

Maybes he needs tough love rather than people saying we should feel sorry for him? Yeah, gutting for him and fans, but no point leading if you fade in the final 40 metres. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Maybes he needs tough love rather than people saying we should feel sorry for him? Yeah, gutting for him and fans, but no point leading if you fade in the final 40 metres. 

Bit harsh.

He was only five thousands of a second outside his p.b in shite conditions. Even Lyles was way off his seasons best.

I've always fancied him more of a 100 metre athlete anyway.

3 minutes ago, moof said:

Asher-Smith seems absolutely delightful

She seems lovely. I'd put a sneaky bet on her winning the gold in the 200 tomorrow night. It suits her more than the 100 metres. Very stylish athlete too, reminds me a lot of Allyson Felix.

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Em City said:

Bit harsh.

He was only five thousands of a second outside his p.b in shite conditions. Even Lyles was way off his seasons best.

I've always fancied him more of a 100 metre athlete anyway.

I'm not trying to be harsh mate, I just think these athletes need a bit of tough love rather than the 'Unlucky, it must be heartbreaking' approach they always seem to get. Might just push him on to run better times. He's clearly got the technique and speed as I said above. I agree that he probably has a better chance at 100 if he puts all his efforts into that. He's still quite young though, 24/25 ish. I also like him, always comes over as a genuine person on interview, not like some of the other ego's within the sport. 

Bit worried by Thiam's long jump in England a month or so back. I think it really shocked KJT as that was one of her banker events and now there aren't many left that she can assume an advantage in.

Fun fact; KJT has a close bunch of 3 or 4 mates from school & one of them is Jodie Comer.

thLZVP8QB0.jpg

2 hours ago, moof said:

Asher-Smith seems absolutely delightful

She's lovely, and such a talent. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Gemili run out of the medals in the 200 final now. Cram, 'Spare a thought for him.....' No, coming fourth all the time is down to bottle, I'm sure he has the speed and style, so why the fuck should we feel sorry for him. 

He's never been quick enough in either 100M or 200M to challenge for a medal and he certainly isn't going to get any faster.

35 minutes ago, Baltar said:

She's lovely, and such a talent. 

He's never been quick enough in either 100M or 200M to challenge for a medal and he certainly isn't going to get any faster.

To be fair he has had terrible injury problems and sprinters can still be excellent well into their 30's so I wouldn't write him off too quickly. Looking forward to the sprint relays.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
17 minutes ago, bigthrusts said:

Jessica Ennis-Hill now on the BBC coverage. I approve of this.

Looking lovely, as is Denise Lewis.