You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What does the future look like?

Anny Road

Guest Pistonbroke

We do need a war though for any of this too happen. There are too many of us.

Definitely overpopulated at the moment and it will only get worse as age expectancy rises, just not enough resources to make sure everyone has enough of what they need. It will only take one of the many natural disasters to happen, some are well overdue, and there will be chaos. 

Definitely overpopulated at the moment and it will only get worse as age expectancy rises, just not enough resources to make sure everyone has enough of what they need. It will only take one of the many natural disasters to happen, some are well overdue, and there will be chaos. 

Hope it is not disease that gets us. I'd hate to watch my kids or grand kids die. At least a war has an opt in element.

Guest Pistonbroke

Hope it is not disease that gets us. I'd hate to watch my kids or grand kids die. At least a war has an opt in element.

I'd rather neither happend, a major War will be just as devastating and carry a very high risk of you and yours suffering. Something will give at some point though. Technology is great, but we are taking it too far in certain aspects, especially with so much poverty and suffering about.  When the figures for those suffering rise you can bet your arse which of us will be affected. 

I'd rather neither happend, a major War will be just as devastating and carry a very high risk of you and yours suffering. Something will give at some point though. Technology is great, but we are taking it too far in certain aspects, especially with so much poverty and suffering about.  When the figures for those suffering rise you can bet your arse which of us will be affected. 

We know nothing of poverty and suffering though do we?

There are billions out there willing to sacrifice it all for what we have. What do we have? Ipods, cars, debt. Water food

It is coming to a head and daft as it sounds I think Putin could be our salvation. Thank God for 1 sensible maniac.

Guest Pistonbroke

We know nothing of poverty and suffering though do we?

There are billions out there willing to sacrifice it all for what we have. What do we have? Ipods, cars, debt. Water food

It is coming to a head and daft as it sounds I think Putin could be our salvation. Thank God for 1 sensible maniac.

Very true, I was on about those in real poverty though. having said that, there is a lot of poverty finding its way into our own societies, yet we think we live in the so called civilised countries. Drinking water will eventually become the new oil.  

Predictions of population peak in about 30 years and then tail of quite dramatically. Empowering women and giving them control over their reproduction is the key.

Is that concurrent with predictions of when gas reserves run out?

You scheming bastards are going to be hoarding females aren't you. Installing smart shag meters?

I'll rebell. You cannot monitor wanking. 

everything that has ever been imagined and written about will be possible at some stage.

Time travel ? Not a chance. Teleportation ? Can't see it either.

Back to the OP.

If the planet somehow manages get through the human races desire to press the self destruct button. I don't think we'll see any real advances until we're near to exhausting all the gas, oil and coal.

Guest Pistonbroke

Time travel ? Not a chance. Teleportation ? Can't see it either.

Back to the OP.

If the planet somehow manages get through the human races desire to press the self destruct button. I don't think we'll see any real advances until we're near to exhausting all the gas, oil and coal.

The planet will be around long after our species has departed mate. 

Guest Pistonbroke

It'll be far removed from the one we inherited G. A sphere in the galaxy unable to sustain anything but primitive lifeforms.

Probably M, depends how long we are about and fuck things up. It might not be for much longer in the big scheme of things. Once we have gone the planet will regenerate itself with the help of mother nature.