You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bayern v Liverpool - 19:30 kick off

Arl arse

Our 2nd 11, if we only add a centre back, will be something like:

Karius

TAA Gomez Lovren Moreno

Can

Grujic Milner

Lallana

Origi Sturridge

With Solanke Klavan Kent Ward Kent Ings Woodburn to come in. I don't think the squad is anywhere near midtable. It is weaker than City, the Mancs and Arsenal but that's it IMO.

We should be able two field to strong teams of 11 to cope. At the moment our two teams could be something like:

1st team:

Firmino

Mane                                                                                                            Salah

Coutinho

Wijnaldum                             Henderson

Robertson                Lovren                                   Matic                    Clyne

Mignolet

2nd team:

Solanke

Grujic                                                                                                            Origi

Lallana

Can                                           Milner

Moreno                     Klavan                                    Gomes                 Alexander

Karius

Subs:

Ward, Ings, Sturridge, one or two of several youngsters coming thru (i.e. Woodburn, Ojo or Kent)

We should be able two field to strong teams of 11 to cope. At the moment our two teams could be something like:

1st team:

Firmino

Mane Salah

Coutinho

Wijnaldum Henderson

Robertson Lovren Matic Clyne

Mignolet

2nd team:

Solanke

Grujic Origi

Lallana

Can Milner

Moreno Klavan Gomes Alexander

Karius

Subs:

Ward, Ings, Sturridge, one or two of several youngsters coming thru (i.e. Woodburn, Ojo or Kent)

The other teams won't know how to line up against that. The leagues ours

Fuck me, weren't we awesome in that game? Even moreno looked good. Under no illusion its just a pre season game but Im sure Bayern dont like having their arses handed to themon a plate in their own gaff.

Thought young alexander arnold was very good, needs to cut out thepushing players over though. Klopp loves his attacking game and acknowledges he needs to improve his defensive side. How a Bayern player got MoTM is beyond me. Thought the ref tried to keep Bayern in the game the last 20 or so. No bayern player complained about grujic's goal and the lino never flagged. Then that handball free kick he gave them on the edge of our box was a joke. Was surprised he didnt give them a penalty in the last 10 minutes to give them a foothold.

Absolutely gutted for sturridge getting that injury. Sounds like they're trying to play it down and time will tell I suppose.

If keita and van Dijk watched that, you'd think their mouths would be watering at the thought of joining us.

I was bellowing at the TV, the ref was so biased he couldn't even walk straight.  One of the biggest homers I've ever seen, that last 20 minutes was a fucking joke.  And he still couldn't help Bayern.

The below comes with the caveat that it was only a pre season friendly but:

TAA had, an admittedly aged, Frank Ribery in his pocket all game.  Bullying him at times.  Throwing himself about.  He's bulked up like and I reckon he'll get a good few games this season

Moreno put in what was probably his greatest performance in a Red shirt. I suspect, despite what everyone thinks, he'll be a Liverpool player next season and might get more starts than people imagine. 

Big fan of Salah already.  Watching vids of his goals for Roma a lot of them weren't "winger" goals, they were close range finishes, being in the right place to get on the end of a deflection etc similar to last night.  He's got the lot by the looks of it.  He's also a big fella.

Mane - I love you

Hendo - please stay fit, your diagonals are life

You get a rep for the Blackadder reference. It is a law! 

Enjoyed last night but we still need what we need. Kent, TAA, and Woodbourn will hopefully give us a bit more as well, Gomez can help at right back against the likes of West Brom, Stoke, United and Palace so we have options. 

Milner having cover at full back gives us more options as well. 

Can't be anything but pleased at that. 

• Upvote 1

In these two games our left hand side has looked so dangerous with Mane there and a fast fullback going past on the outside. Milner did great last year but bombing down the wing and putting a left foot first time cross across the box was not his strong point. Can see Salah getting loads of tap ins at the back stick from that.

If Moreno could play like that more often then he would easily be our best left back, not that it would be all that hard.

If it was Robertson last night there would be a jizzfest

Hmm - you don't think that what you have posted is a tad hypocritical? 

1st team:

Firmino

Mane                                                                                                            Salah

Coutinho

Wijnaldum                             Henderson

Robertson                Lovren                                   Matic                    Clyne

Mignolet

2nd team:

Solanke

Grujic                                                                                                            Origi

Lallana

Can                                           Milner

Moreno                     Klavan                                    Gomes                 Alexander

Karius

Subs:

Hope we get beat!

Moreno having a good game is probably tied into have Salah on the pitch. The fact that we've more pace up top means he doesn't have to bomb forward as much to add support. Most of his overlaps last night seemed to come when Mané stopped running, slowed the pace down, and Moreno had time to get passed.