You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bayern v Liverpool - 19:30 kick off

Arl arse

Its all a part of the same issue isn't it....if we don't add in central defence, midfield and arguably a striker we are gonna end up come when the games are coming 3 a week thick and fast with players shunted all over the park 'covering' and doing jobs...

It is a massive shame because we could be boss.

I'd argue our 1-11 are title challengers but our 12-20 is barely mid table and nowadays it is more than ever squad depth that wins things.

We have a thin squad and a squad riddled with injury prone players.

Our 2nd 11, if we only add a centre back, will be something like:

Karius

TAA Gomez Lovren Moreno

Can

Grujic Milner

Lallana

Origi Sturridge

With Solanke Klavan Kent Ward Kent Ings Woodburn to come in. I don't think the squad is anywhere near midtable. It is weaker than City, the Mancs and Arsenal but that's it IMO.

Our 2nd 11, if we only add a centre back, will be something like:

Karius

TAA Gomez Lovren Moreno

Can

Grujic Milner

Lallana

Origi Sturridge

With Solanke Klavan Kent Ward Kent Ings Woodburn to come in. I don't think the squad is anywhere near midtable. It is weaker than City, the Mancs and Arsenal but that's it IMO.

For starters we haven't yet added that centre half...Sturridge for my money is simply worthless as far as this conversation goes (brilliant player but lets just face it he is fucked) so that weakens your hand above.

But it is all about opinions and you seem to think we have enough...i think we are short and our injury prone players will drop like flies when the games start coming thick and fast.

I think we need the following and then i'd say we are ok and good to go.

A centre half (maybe 2 as Klavan shouldn't be even near it)

A central midfielder

A replacement for Sturridge.

I'd take the 1 centre half and centre mid and hope for best.

I fear we'll get just the centre half at best.

I've said it loads recently - Lucas took part in 31 games last season across two positions for a reason and that reason wasn't because Klopp considered him first choice.....

Guest Pistonbroke

Jürgen Klopp confirmed Liverpool are waiting to discover the extent of the thigh injury sustained by Daniel Sturridge during Tuesday evening's 3-0 win over Bayern Munich in the Audi Cup.

The striker picked up the issue when scoring his sublime goal in the 82nd minute at the Allianz Arena, scooping Ben Woodburn’s pass over the goalkeeper shortly after being introduced into the action as a substitute.

Immediately clutching his thigh, Sturridge was replaced by Dominic Solanke in the aftermath and Klopp admits the Reds will need to wait to see how bad the problem is.

The manager told his post-match press conference: “I can’t say yet [how bad the injury is].

“He hurt his thigh. He has really prepared well, really well, so I hope this is just a small injury and that he can play again soon.

“The goal was great and he had a chance just before that. You could see how fast he is.

“It’s a shame and I hope it’s nothing serious.”

Little injury should ensure we cannot sell him so he takes another year on our wage bill and a space in the squad that could be taken by a player that, you know, actually plays. 

While I do have plenty of sympathy for him, I'm only interested in Liverpool and players that can play. He cannot be relied on at all. 

• Upvote 1

Fuck me, weren't we awesome in that game? Even moreno looked good. Under no illusion its just a pre season game but Im sure Bayern dont like having their arses handed to themon a plate in their own gaff.

Thought young alexander arnold was very good, needs to cut out thepushing players over though. Klopp loves his attacking game and acknowledges he needs to improve his defensive side. How a Bayern player got MoTM is beyond me. Thought the ref tried to keep Bayern in the game the last 20 or so. No bayern player complained about grujic's goal and the lino never flagged. Then that handball free kick he gave them on the edge of our box was a joke. Was surprised he didnt give them a penalty in the last 10 minutes to give them a foothold.

Absolutely gutted for sturridge getting that injury. Sounds like they're trying to play it down and time will tell I suppose.

If keita and van Dijk watched that, you'd think their mouths would be watering at the thought of joining us.

• Upvote 2