Quantcast
Andrew Robertson - Page 61 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
cuppatea

Andrew Robertson

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

From Hull to Champions League Winner. Congratulations that man.

Congratulations also to our scouts/stat virgins for finding the best left back in the world in the most unlikely of places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2019 at 00:23, El Rojo said:

Congratulations also to our scouts/stat virgins for finding the best left back in the world in the most unlikely of places. 

Weird thing is...he played a game or two for us early on. He looked good. Me and my mate were saying "He looks better than the alternatives." We didn't necessarily think he was amazing...at the time that is.... but we thought..."Hey this guy gives us an overlap...looks pretty decent...wonder why he isn't playing more often!".

 

Turns out Kloppo knows what he's doing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Skrtel Milk said:

giphy.gif

I was just going to say why has no one mentioned his great goal for Scotland! Cracking that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

 

Not enough sectarianism in it to spark real excitement on the forum. 

Haha. I just hope he's gone off to get some rest now! Stupid internationals in a non Euros/world cup year!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2019 at 00:23, El Rojo said:

Congratulations also to our scouts/stat virgins for finding the best left back in the world in the most unlikely of places. 

I don't understand how he can have flown under the radar for as long as he did. The only mildly plausible explanation I can think of it is that he pitches his effort according the level he is at. Listen up Jimmay, I'm nae gunna bust mah fuckin' hump fer a pile of shite like Hull. But Liverpool! Noo we're talkin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jennings said:

Weird thing is...he played a game or two for us early on. He looked good. Me and my mate were saying "He looks better than the alternatives." We didn't necessarily think he was amazing...at the time that is.... but we thought..."Hey this guy gives us an overlap...looks pretty decent...wonder why he isn't playing more often!".

 

Turns out Kloppo knows what he's doing.

I felt very similar. He was far better than Moreno,or even playing Milner out of position. He has admitted recently though that both his fitness and tactical awareness needed building up back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I felt very similar. He was far better than Moreno,or even playing Milner out of position. He has admitted recently though that both his fitness and tactical awareness needed building up back then.

Saw a good interview with Klopp recently where he expanded a little on his process with new signings. He needs to witness what they do naturally before he can start to give them instructions. In hindsight, you can see Robertson, Fabinho and - hopefully - Keita's development there; bring them in, build up fitness, give them some games, then start the work properly in training. If the fitness isn't there, or they're trying too hard to change their natural game, he can't begin to help them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking international shite.

 

An absolute fucking joke....why the fuck are we here in the middle of June still flogging players into ground with this shite.

 

It's a fucking joke.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Naby's had to go to ACON when clearly unfit when his national team manager invoked FIFA rules.

 

I keep saying it, when are Europe's top clubs going to put a stop to their players being at international confederation's such as FIFA, UEFA etc beck and call while their employees are effectively stolen from them?

 

Until leading clubs such as us, united, Bayern, Dortmund, Juve, Real, Barcelona etc put a stop to this nonesense, it will continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to get worse as well.

 

We are seeing these qualifiers in June so they can fit that mickey mouse nations league shite in.

 

You watch knowing our luck Robbo be a 6 week job meaning he misses nearly all of pre season and therefore when he does come back he'll be miles behind and playing catch up for ages.

It's an absolute joke that players are being flogged playing fucking qualifiers in the middle of fucking June....far too much football, bad enough when it is tournaments but fucking qualifiers in the middle of June is a joke .

I despise international football and it is getting worse as fifa and uefa are pushing more of it to tackle club footballs dominance - it is going to get worse, with more and more of it and the scheduling of it creating more problems.
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

And Naby's had to go to ACON when clearly unfit when his national team manager invoked FIFA rules.

 

I keep saying it, when are Europe's top clubs going to put a stop to their players being at international confederation's such as FIFA, UEFA etc beck and call while their employees are effectively stolen from them?

 

Until leading clubs such as us, united, Bayern, Dortmund, Juve, Real, Barcelona etc put a stop to this nonesense, it will continue.

Its the one thing that they actually should do but don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×