You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

Robertson is a good young full back. Intelligent lad, good engine, gets up & down the left hand side all day. Decent pace, likes a tackle and has good delivery with his left foot. He's a very positive player who likes to get forward when possible.

I reckon he'll improve significantly surrounded by better players and coaching staff week in week out.

I've got plenty of time for Robertson, he's earned his way to a move to a top club, even if it is just as backup to begin with.

After being bombed out at Celtic as an under 15 for being too small, he moved to Queens Park and established himself as first choice as an 18 year old, before getting a move to Dundee United, where in his first season as a professional, he won the SPFA Young Player of the Year award and won his first international cap for Scotland.

A year later, he got his move to Hull and has been first choice for them ever since.

• Upvote 9

I agree

I don't think he'll ever be a world beater but at worst he offers a option behind Milner for a year or so until we find the LB we need. You dont want to be changing half the team at once. He should be a fairly dependable back up at worst and at 8ml you cant ask for much more

If hes backup to Milner who is not good enough for left back to begin with, then its a pointless signing, if hes a much better left back player then welcome to liverpool.

Milner and Clyne must be the two defenders in the league that are most on the ball in the opposite half and nothing happens. and dont get me started on Milners corners.  

• Upvote 1

Klopp is clearly in the development business. Robertson is 23, has 130 games under his belt, a lot of them in premier league. Klopp thinks he can help us and he can make him a better player.

That said I bet Robertson cannot fucking believe it but just goes to show he has a great attitude if he got dumped by Celtic at a young age, he's worked hard and is getting his rewards.

Shut up all ye doubters! Klopp knows his players and Robertson will continue in the fine tradition of great Scottish defenders...Nicol, Hansen, Gillespie and Danny Wilson.

Myself, I stop second guessing Klopp after Mane. Was happily proven wrong by the man.

Hear hear.

If hes backup to Milner who is not good enough for left back to begin with, then its a pointless signing, if hes a much better left back player then welcome to liverpool.

Milner and Clyne must be the two defenders in the league that are most on the ball in the opposite half and nothing happens. and dont get me started on our corners for the last 20 years  

Yep. 

• Upvote 1

Milner and Clyne must be the two defenders in the league that are most on the ball in the opposite half and nothing happens. and dont get me started on Milners corners.

Go on I've got plenty of time on my hands, you get started sweetheart. It's good to talk through all this stuff that worries you. So miners corners what are your thoughts.

Shut up all ye doubters! Klopp knows his players and Robertson will continue in the fine tradition of great Scottish defenders...Nicol, Hansen, Gillespie.

Myself, I stop second guessing Klopp after Mane. Was happily proven wrong by the man.

Danny Wilson!!